Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Bhopal Goods Guard (GG) Examination Held on 06-09-2009
1. The ‘Misl’ of which Ranjit Singh was the leader, was
2. The fort of Lohagarh was built by
(a) Banda Bahadur
(b) Guru Govind Singh
(c) Ranjit Singh
(d) None of the above
3. Who among the following was the first woman chief Justice of a High Court?
(a) Geeta Mukherjee
(b) Leila Seth
(c) Sujata Manohar
(d) Rani Jethmalani
4. Tulsidas wrote Ramacharitamanas during the reign of
(b) Rama Raya
(d) Krishnadeva Raya
5. The Asiatic Society was established in Calcutta by
(a) Warren Hastings
(b) Sir William Jones
(c) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(d) TB Macaulay
6. Who among the following introduced the famous Persian festival of Nauroj in India?
(b) Firoz Tughlaq
(d) Alauddin Khalji
7. The Bahamani kingdom was founded by
(c) Malik Kafur
8. Among the following Union Territories of India, Which one has the largest size?
(c) Daman and Diu
9. The Himalayan Mountain system belongs to which one of the following?
(a) Fold Mountains
(b) Volcanic mountains
(c) Block mountains
(d) None of the above
10. ‘My life’ autobiography of
(a) Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
(b) Dr Rajendra Prasad
(c) Bill Clinton
(d) Hillary Clinton
11. Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar awards are given for
(a) Excellence in film direction
(b) Outstanding contribution to science
(c) Exploring new dimensions in creative writing in Indian languages
(d) Creating mass awareness on environmental issues
12. Saka era started from
(a) 78 BC
(b) 78 AD
(c) 300 BC
(d) 124 AD
13. Which of the following was not included in the Eight Fold Path prescribed b y Buddha?
(a) Right belief
(b) Right speech
(c) Right meditation
(d) Right knowledge
14. The First Indian to swim across English Channel was
(a) PK Benerji
(b) Mihir Sen
(c) V Merchant
(d) Aarti Saha
15. Vande Matram was first sung at the session of the Indian National Congress in
16. Shuddhi movement (conversion of Non-Hindus to Hinduism) was started by
(a) Swami Vivekananda
(b) Swami Shradhanand
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
17. The first Field Marshal of India was
(a) A Vaidya
(b) KM Cariappa
(c) Sunder ji
(d) SHF J manekshaw
18. Who was the founder of Qutb Shahi dynasty?
(a) Adil Shah
(b) Ibrahimk Adil Shah II
(c) Ibrahim Qutb Shah
(d) Quli Qutb Shah
19. The headquarters of UNESCO is in
(a) New York
(b) The Hague
20. Nadir Shah invaded India during the reign of
(a) Shah Alam
(b) Bahadur Shah
(c) Muhammed Shah
21. Who united all the Sikhs and founded a kingdom in the Punjab?
(a) Guru Nanak
(b) Guru Gobind Singh
(c) Maharaja Ranjit Singh
(d) Guru Tegh Bahadur
22. Ten Degree channel is between
(a) Dover and Calais
(b) Alaska and Russia
(c) Little Andaman and Car Nicobar
(d) North Korea and South Korea
23. By what name is the Ganga known in Bangladesh?
24. Which among the following Indian artists is the winner of the Oscar Award?
(a) Dilip Kumar
(b) Bhanu Athaiya
(c) Shyam Benegal
(d) Rohini Hattangadi
25. Saraswati Samman is given annually for outstanding contribution to
(c) Fine arts
(d) Classical music
26. The largest committee of parliament of India is
(a) Public Accounts Committee
(b) Estimates Committee
(c) Committee on public Undertakings
(d) Joint Parliamentary Committee
27. The time gap between two sessions of the Parliament should not exceed
(a) 3 months
(b) 6 months
(c) 9 months
(d) 1 year
28. The Chairman of the Rajya Sabha is
(a) elected by the members of Rajya Sabha
(b) nominated by the President
(c) elected by the members of both Houses of Parliament
(d) elected Parliament and State Legislatures jointly
29. Nuclear fission is caused by the impact of
(d) None of these
30. Which of the following is used as coolant in nuclear reactors?
(a) Heavy water
(c) Liquid Sodium
31. Which of the following is known as power house
32. Which of the following is not a mosquito borne disease?
(a) Dengue fever
(c) Sleeping sickness
33. Which bank gives long term loan to farmers?
(b) Land Development Bank
(d) Rural Banks
34. Which is the best measure of economic growth of a country?
(c) Net revenue
(d) None of the above
35. Moortidevi Award is given annually in which of the following?
36. I am facing East. I turn 100° in the clockwise direction and then 145° in the anti-clockwise direction. Which direction am I facing now?
37. Pointing to Satish, Ashok said, “He is the son of my sister’s only brother”. How is Satish related to Ashok?
(d) None of these
Directions (Q. Nos. 38 and 39) Find the missing character in the following questions.
40. If 18th February, 1997 falls on Tuesday, then what will be the day on 18th February, 1999?
41. Reaching the place of meeting on Tuesday 15 min before 8.30 h, Anuj found himself half an hour earlier than the man who was 40 min late. What was the scheduled time of the meeting?
(a) 8.00 h
(b) 8.05 h
(c) 8.15 h
(d) 8.45 h
Directions (Q. Nos. 42 and 43) Each of the following questions, a part of the figure is missing. Find out from the given options (a, b, c and d) the right figure to fit in the missing figure.
44. How many triangles are there in the following figure?
Direction (Q. No. 45) In the following question contain four problem figures marked (1), (2), (3) and (4) four answer figures marked (a), (b), (c) and (d). Select a figure from amongst the answer figures which will continue the same series as given in the problem figures.
46. In a certain code language ‘JOURNAL’ is written as ‘MRXUQDO’. How will ‘TRAINING’ be written in that code?
Directions (Q. Nos. 47-49) In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one word is given on another side of :: while another word is to be selected from the given alternatives, having the same relationship with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
47. Melt : Liquid :: Freeze ?
48. Moon : Satellite : : Earth ?
(c) Solar System
49. Influenza : Virus : : Typhoid : ?
Directions (Q. Nos. 50-52) In each of the following questions, four words have been given out of which three are alike in a certain way and one is different. Choose out the odd one.
Directions (Q. Nos. 53-55) In each of the following questions, various term of a letter series are given with two term missing as shown by (?). Choose the missing term out of the given alternative.
53. Z, L, X, J, V, H, T, F, ?, ?
(a) R, D
(b) R, E
(c) S, E
(d) Q, D
54. Z, S, W, O, T, K, Q, G, ?, ?
(a) N, C
(b) N, D
(c) O, C
(d) O, D
55. W, V, T, S, Q, P, N, M, ?, ?
(a) I, J
(b) J, I
(c) J, K
(d) K, J
Directions (Q. Nos. 56 and 57) In each of the following questions, one term in the number series is wrong. Find out the wrong term.
56. 24, 27, 31, 33, 36
57. 196, 169, 144, 121, 80
Directions (Q. Nos. 58 and 59) Read the following in formations carefully and answer the questions the follow.
A, B, C, D, E and F are seated in a circle facing the centre. D is between F and B. A is second to the left of D and second to the right of E.
58. Who is facing A?
(d) Either F or B
59. Who among the following is facing D?
(d) None of these
Directions (Q. Nos. 60 and 61) In the following questions, three classes are given. Out of the four figures that follow, you are to indicate which figure will best represent the relationship amongst the three classes.
60. Tiger, Four-Footed, Elephant
61. Teacher, Poet, Graduate
62. If Anita is taller than Surjit but shorter than Kusum and Surjit is just as tall as Kalpana but taller than Vanita, then Kalpana is
(a) just as tell as Anita
(b) Taller than Kusum
(c) shorter than Anita
(d) shorter than Surjit
63. In a queue, Vijay is fourteenth from the front and Jack is seventeenth from the end, while Mary is in between Vijaya and Jack. If Vijaya is ahead of Jack and there are 48 persons in the queue, how many persons are there between Vijay and Mary?
Directions (Q. Nos. 64 and 65) In each of the following questions, a number series is given with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative that will continue the same pattern and fill in the blank spaces.
64. 1, 6, 13, 22, 33, (………)
65. 3, 9, 27, 81 (……….)
66. If * means adding 6 times the second number to the first number, then (1 * 2) * 3 equals
67. Of the three numbers, the second is twice the first and it is also thrice the third. If the average of three numbers is 44, the difference of the first number and the third number is
68. The value of is
69. The value of (256)16 × (16)0.18 is
70. The number nearest to 10000 which is exactly divisible by each of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, is
71. The HCF of two numbers is 23 and other two factors of their LCM are 13 and 14. The larger of two numbers is
72. The average age of four brother is 12 yr. If the age of their mother is also included. The average is increased by 5 yr. The age of mother (in years) is
(a) 37 yr
(b) 43 yr
(c) 48 yr
(d) 53 yr
73. The average of marks of 14 students calculated as 71. But it was later found that the marks of one student had been wrongly entered as 42 instead of 56 and of another as 74 instead of 32. The correct average is
74. A sum of money doubles itself in 12 yr if invested at simple interest. What is the rate of interest allowed on the investment?
75. Rs 500 was invested at 12% per annum simple interest and a certain sum of money at 10% per annum simple interest. If the sum of the interests on both the sums after 4 yr is Rs 480, the latter sum of money is
(a) Rs 450
(b) Rs 750
(c) Rs 600
(d) Rs 550
76. A builder borrows Rs 2550 to be paid back with compound interest at the rate of 4% per annum by the end of 2 yr in two equal yearly installments. How much will each installment be?
(a) Rs 1352
(b) Rs 1377
(c) Rs 1275
(d) Rs 1283
77. The area of a regular hexagon of side 2√3 cm is
(a) 18√36 cm2
(b) 12√3 cm2
(c) 36√3 cm2
(d) 27√3 cm2
78. The ratio of the outer and the inner perimeter of a circular path is 23 : 22. If the path is 5 m wide, the diameter of the inner circle is
(a) 110 m
(b) 55 m
(c) 220 m
(d) 230 m
79. A hollow cylindrical tube 20 cm long is made of iron and its external and internal diameters are 8 cm and 6 cm respectively. The volume of iron used in making the tube is (π = 22/7)
(a) 1764 cu cm
(b) 880 cu cm
(c) 440 cu cm
(d) 220 cu cm
80. If the volume of two cubes are in the ratio of 27 : 64 then the ratio of their total surface area is
(a) 27 : 64
(b) 3 : 4
(c) 9 : 16
(d) 3 : 8
81. Sonu’s father is five times older than Sonu. After 8 yr, his age will be three times the Sonu’s age that be three times the Sonu’s age that time. Their present ages are
(a) 30 yr, 6 yr
(b) 35 yr, 7 yr
(c) 40 yr, 8 yr
(d) 45 yr, 9 yr
82. In an alloy, the ratio of copper and zinc is 5 : 2. If 1.250 kg of zinc is mixed in 17 kg 500 g of alloy, then the ratio of copper and zinc will be
(a) 2 : 1
(b) 2: 3
(c) 3 : 2
(d) 1 : 2
83. If 378 coins consist of rupees, 50 paise and 25 paise coins whose values are in the ratio of 13 : 11 : 7. The number of 50 paise coins will be
84. A man can do a piece of work in 5 days, but with the help of his son, he can do it in 3 days, In what time can the son do it alone?
(a) 7 days
(b) 8 days
85. 5 person can prepare an admission list in 8 days working 7 h a day. If 2 person join them so as to complete the work in 4 days, they need to work per for
(a) 10 h
(b) 9 h
(c) 12 h
(d) 8 h
86. A and B can complete a work in 15 days and 10 days respectively. They started doing the work together but after 2 days, B had to leave and A alone completed the remaining work. The whole work was completed in
(a) 10 days
(b) 8 days
(c) 12 days
(d) 15 days
87. If x is less than y by 25%, then y exceed x by
88. A student multiplying a number by 3/5 instead of 5/3, what is percentage error in the calculation?
89. A coconut merchant find that the cost price of 2750 coconut is the same as the selling price of 2500 coconuts. The percentage loss or gain is
(a) 5% loss
(b) 10% gain
(c) 15% loss
(d) 20% gain
90. P, Q and R enter into a partnership with investments of Rs 3500, Rs 4500 and Rs 5500. In the first sixth months, profit is Rs 405. What is P’s share in the profit?
(a) Rs 200
(b) Rs 105
(c) Rs 250
(d) Rs 151
Directions (Q. Nos. 91 and 92) Find out the part which has an error in the following sentences. If there is no error, your answer is (d).
91. He is well known (a)/ for both his kindness (b)/ as well as his understanding. (c)/ No error. (d)
92. I don’t know if any of the members (a)/ of the party is conspiring (b)/ against the president or not. (c)/ No error. (d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 93 and 94) Fill in the blanks with appropriate words.
93. The numbers of admissions …….. gradually fallen off.
94. The higher you go, the more difficult it………… to breathe.
(a) is becoming
(c) has become
Directions (Q. Nos. 95 and 96) In the following questions, Choose the word same in meaning of the word given in bold letters.
Directions (Q. Nos. 97 and 98) In the following questions, Choose the word opposite in meaning of the word given in bold letters.
97. Tangible (definite and can be touched or felt)
98. Predilection (special liking)
Directions (Q. Nos. 99 and 100) Choose the alternative which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
99. To send an unwanted person out of the country
100. A government run by a dictator