Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY 2016):
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a program started in 1999 by the department of Science and Technology (DST) of India to encourage the students of Basic sciences to get into the research field in Science.
The aim of this program is to identify young talents and encourage them in doing research program in Science field.
Students who are currently pursuing class XIth to first year any undergraduate science degree like B.Sc, B.Math, B.S or postgraduate degrees like M.sc mathematics, physics can apply for this program.
This program initially contains aptitude tests which are conducted at various centres in India. Based on the results of aptitude test, shortlisted candidates are called for a personal interview which is a final stage of the selection procedure.
The notification for KVPY exam will be published on all leading national newspapers especially Technology Day (May 11) and second Sunday of July every year.
- This encourages the young talented students to get into the research field of Science. Thus, it ensures the growth of young and talented scientific minds for research and development of the country.
- KVPY fellowships are encouraged to publish their scientific models and projects in the science magazines and honored with “Best performance awards”.
- The fellowships offered through the program KVPY are:
- Stream SA/SB/SX: 1st to 3rd years of B.SC/B.S/B.Stat/B.Math/ Integrated M.sc/M.S
Monthly fellowship: Rs 5000/-
Annual fellowship granted: Rs.20000/-
- Stream SA/SB/SX:
During M.Sc 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.sc/M.S/M.Math.M.Stat
Monthly fellowship: Rs 7000/-
Annual Contingency grant: Rs 28000/-
Eligibility criteria for KVPY:
The eligibility criteria are divided into different streams such as Stream SA, Stream SX, Stream SB, Stream SP (Basic sciences).
- Students who are currently pursuing Class XIth with major subjects as Mathematics and Science are eligible to apply this exam.
- These students must have secured at least 80% of marks (General candidates) and 70% (For SC/ST candidates) in Mathematics and Science subjects during the Xth board examination.
- Students who are currently pursuing Class XIIth with major subjects as Mathematics and Science and interested to continue their further graduation in science stream like B.Sc science, etc., are eligible to apply this exam.
- These students are also expected to have scored 80% (General category) of marks in Mathematics and science stream during the Xth board examination.
- Students who are currently pursuing 1st year undergraduate degree with major subject as science. Such students are expected to have secured at least 60% of marks in Science during the XIIth board examination.
Stream SP (Basic Sciences):
- Students who are currently pursuing class XI/XII, first year B.SC,B,S/ Int M.sc in basic sciences, first year B.E/B.Tech and have secured minimum of 60% in X and XII board examination are eligible to apply this test.
- Also, students who are currently pursuing their second years in Undergraduate, postgraduate or professional degrees can also apply this test if they have secured minimum of 60% in the 1st year examination.
- Those students have to produce their original certificates along with their application form.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of KVPY web: kvpy.org.in
- Then click on the KVPY 2016 online form and it will guide you to the next page.
- Register yourself in the website. Please make note of the username and password during the registration process.
- Login in with the help of your username and password.
- Now download the application form for KVPY
- Fill in all the required informations correctly. Information such as email id, contact number, contact address must be active and correct for any communication purpose.
- Pay the application fee for KVPY The application fee for general category is Rs.1055/- and for SC/ST/PWD is Rs.528/-.
- Select the mode of the payment. If it is online mode, pay the fees through Debit card/credit card or net banking. As soon as you transform the amount, you will get a transaction id for the successful transaction. Kindly preserve this information.
- If you are going to make offline payment, you have to take a print out of the challan and make a payment in any branch of SBI or any other bank that is mentioned in the official site. After you have done the payment, you have to re-login into the site and upload the scanned copy of the filled challan and bank details. This is a compulsory step which must be done by everyone who is paying the fees through offline mode.
- Click on the submit button. You will get a message on the top of the window that “Your application is under scrutiny”.
- The application scrutiny takes two working days. Thus, applicants login the site and check the application status every time. As soon as you get the message “Your application is successfully submitted” take a print out of the same.
Syllabus of KVPY:
There is no specified syllabus for this exam. But, however, the students are tested the analytical ability and mathematical skills through the problems covered till the Class XIIth.
This stream covers all the questions and topics of the Science syllabus of Class XIth.
This stream covers all the syllabus of the Science subjects of Class XIIth.
This stream covers all the science of first year under graduate programs. Hence the students will be tested in mathematics, physics, and chemistry of first year B.sc/B.S/B.Math/Int Ms/M.S as applicable.
Pattern of KVPY:
The sample question pattern is given as follows:
Mathematics- Part- 1 20 questions each carrying one mark and Part- 2 10 questions each carrying 2 marks
Physics: Part -1 20 questions each carrying one mark and Part -2 10 questions each carrying 2 marks
Chemistry: Part -1 20 questions each carrying one mark and Part- 2 10 questions each carrying 2 marks
Biology: Part -1 20 questions each carrying one mark and Part -2 10 questions each carrying 2 marks
Important dates for KVPY 2016: (Tentative dates)
- KVPY 2016 application starts to be distributed on: Month of July 2016
- Last date of the online submission of application forms: Last date of August 2016
- Download of the admit card of KVPY exam: Month of October 2016
- Exam date: November 2016
- Aptitude results will be declared on: Mid of December 2016
- Final results will be declared on: March 2017
These are the tentative dates and official announcement of the KVPY 2016 are yet to be announced. Thus, please check on the official site of KVPY for further details.
Books to be referred for KVPY:
Here are few important books that can be referred for the KVPY test:
- Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, Jearl walker.
- Concepts of Physics by DC Pandey
- Moderns ABC of Chemistry for class XI with CD by Modern publishers
- NCERT Physical and organic chemistry by OP Tandan
- Mathematics for class XI by R.D.Sharma
- Elementary Biology (volume 1) by K.N.Bhatia, M.P.Tyagi.
Sample questions for KVPY:
Here are the few sample question papers for the preparation of KVPY.
- When a bucket if half full, the weight of the bucket and the water is 10kg. When the bucket is two thirds full, the total weight is 11 kg. What is the total weight in kg when the bucket is completely full?
- 12 ½
- 12 2/3
- How many ordered pairs of (m,n) integers satisfy m/12 =12/n.
- A clay ball of mass m and speed v strikes another metal ball of same mass m, which is at rest. They stick together after collision. The kinetic energy of the system after collision is:
- Which statement of the Rutherford model of the atom is not true?
- There is a positively charged centre in an atom called nucleus
- Nearly all the atom of the mass resides in nucleus
- Size of the nucleus is comparable to the atom
- Electrons occupy the space surrounding the nucleus
- By dissolving 0.35 mole of sodium chloride in water, 1.30 L of salt solution is obtained. The molarity of the resulting solution should be reported as:
KVPY 2015 exam has been taken place on November 1, 2015 in various cities of India. This results are planned to be declared on December 2015. The students can check the answer key declared by IIsc Bangalore to get an idea about their chances of selection to the next round.
After the results of the aptitude test, shortlisted students are sent to the personal interview and that final results are declared during March of 2016.
The results of KVPY 2015 can be checked in the following ways:
- Go the official site of KVPY kvpy.org.in
- Students can check their results in the website with the help of their roll numbers and stream choice.
- The final results will be declared on March 2016
However, the award of fellowship will be effective from August 1, 2016 and depends on the verification of required documents.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: