Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates:
Management Aptitude Test (MAT):
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level management entrance exam which is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) to offer candidates admission to various management programs of top most B-schools of the country.
MAT exam is one of the most competitive management exams and it is approved by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India as the national test for the admission into the PGDM institutes of India.
MAT scores are considered by many top most B-Schools like
- Birla Institute of Management and Technology (BIMTECH), Bhubaneswar
- National institute of Technology, Warangal
- Amrita school of Business, Coimbatore
- Balaji Institute of Modern management, Pune
- PSG institute of Management, Coimbatore
- VIT Business school, Vellore
- TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal
- Xavier institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
MAT exam is conducted four times per year on the month of February, May, September and December. Since the MAT exam is conducted four times per year, let us check out the important dates regarding application forms for every exam.
Details about MAT December 2015:
- Candidates can take up the exam either in paper pen mode or as computer based test.
- The paper pen exam is planned to be conducted on December 6th, 2015. The time duration for this exam is 10.00 am to 12.30 am.
- Computer based exam is planned to be conducted on December 12th, 2015 onwards. Different time slots are allotted at different test venues according the number of candidates appearing for computer based exam.
- Students should be well prepared in the areas such as reading comprehension, aptitude, logical reasoning and data interpretation.
- The registration process for December MAT 2015 exam has been closed. Thus, students who have already registered and ready to take up the exam are only allowed to attend the exam.
Important dates for MAT 2016: (Tentative dates)
- MAT February 2016 exam:
Application form process starts on: December 2015
- MAT May 2016 exam:
Application form process starts on: March 2016
- MAT September 2016 exam:
Application form process starts on: June 2016
- MAT December 2016 exam:
Application form process starts on: October 2016
Please refer the official website of MAT for the official announcement of the exams and its dates.
How to apply for MAT?
- Please visit the official website https://www.aima.in for registering your name for MAT
- Register with the website with an active mail id.
- The candidates can now login into the website with the help of mail id and date of birth provided during the time of registration.
- Now download the application form for MAT
- Candidates can apply for this exam through online by just filling all the necessary details such as full name, contact address, contact number, date of birth, exam date preference, test centre choice, etc., clearly.
- Also upload the digital signature and photograph of the candidate if asked.
- Please make sure that these details are very clear and genuine since it will be cross checked at the time of the admission process.
- Now pay the application fee of Rs.1200/- either through net banking facility or can send Demand draft in favor of “All India Management Association” Payable at Delhi from any bank and register their details with the official site along with the DD details.
- Please mention your full name, contact number and application number or registration number at the back of the DD for safety purposes.
- If you submit through online and paid fees through net banking, then take a print out of the “payment successful” page without fail.
- You can view the application form by clicking on “View application” button.
- The application form is also available offline with MAT bulletin on cash payment of Rs.1200 to any of the nodal centres of AIMA.
- Candidates who apply through DD please do not forget to send their filled in application form along with the DD to the following address:
Manager-MAT All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi- 110003
- The candidates must have completed any graduation from recognized board or University for appearing in the MAT
- They must have secured at least 45% of marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students who appear in the final year graduation can also apply for this exam. But however, they must submit their graduation certificate at the time of the admission.
- There is no upper age limit for appearing this exam.
- Every management institute have separate cut-offs for their own admission. Thus, students must score high to enter into top most B-schools of the Country.
Syllabus for MAT:
- Quantitative aptitude:
The most important topics which can be concentrated are Geometry, Ratios and Proportions, Percentages, Algebra, Profit and loss, Average, work and time, time and speed distance, geometric progression, HCF and LCM, vectors, quadratic and linear equations, etc.,
- Reading comprehension:
Verbal reasoning, syllogisms, contextual usage, analogies, antonyms, fill up the blanks, jumbled paragraphs, sentence correction, odd man out, one word substitution, sentence correction, foreign language words used in English, different usage of same word.
- Data interpretation/ Data sufficiency:
Questions based on graphs, pie charts, venn diagrams, charts, etc., Other questions are based on critical reasoning, logical reasoning, assertions and reasons, causes and effects, matrix arrangements, puzzles, syllogisms, functions, family tree, symbol based problems, coding and decoding, seating arrangements, identifying next number in the series, etc.,
- General awareness:
Current affairs, business, top officials of big companies, major corporate events, word records, social issues, science, history, geography, international organizations news, sports, finance, automobiles, entertainment and politics.
MAT Exam Pattern:
To get admission in the preferred college or University it is very necessary to know the pattern of the exam very clearly. Knowing the pattern makes an applicant very clear about the types of questions asked, duration of each section, number of questions, topics to concentrate more, etc.
Thus, please visit the official website of MAT to check on the latest pattern of MAT:
The MAT 2016 exam will be having total number of 200 questions each carrying one mark. Total duration of the exam is 150 minutes. The questions are of multiple choices type. Four alternatives are given among which the candidate must choose the right option. -1/4 marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
The sections are:
- Reading comprehension: 40 questions
- Data interpretation/Data sufficiency: 40
- Logical and Critical thinking: 40
- Quantitative aptitude: 40
- General awareness: 40
The total duration of the exam is 150 minutes. The MAT scores are calculated from first four sections only. The scores of General awareness are considered by the institutes which offer admission to the selected students.
Sample questions for the preparation of MAT 2016:
Let’s check out few of the sample questions for MAT preparation
- In a certain village the average age of “n” people is 42 years. But after verification it was found that the age of one person had been taken as 20 years less than his actual age. After the correction, the average age increased by 1. The value of “n” is
- Sachin has lent some money to Ragu 6% per annum, and some money to Hari at 8% per annum. At the end of the year he has earned overall interest at 7% per annum. In what ratio has he lent the money to Ragu and Hari?
- In a certain code Road is written as “URDG” . How is swan written in that code?
- Ram walks 10 m South from his house, turns left and walks 23 m. Again turns left and walks 40 m. Again turns right and walks 5 m to reach his school. In which direction is the school from his house?
- North east
- South west
- Pointing to the photograph, arun said “she is the mother of my brother’s son’s wife’s daughter’. How is arun related to the lady?
- None of these
- Daughter in law
Books for the reference of MAT exam:
Here are the few important books that are very useful during the preparation of MAT exam:
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD
- Study package for Management Aptitude Test by Arun Sharma
- 10 Challenges MAT: 10 Mock Test for Management Aptitude Test
- MAT score Accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Mission MBA MAT Guide by B.S.Sijwali and Tarun Goyal
- MAT Entrance Exams with Practice CD
- Barron’s Guide to GMAT
- The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Peeyush Bharadwaj
MAT Admit card 2016:
Admit card is a very important document for any examination without which an applicant is not allowed to enter the examination hall. The admit card contains details such as Full name of the candidate, date of birth, test centre details, examination date, language of the exam, duration of the exam and so on. Admit card for MAT 2016 will be available for download two weeks before the examination. It can be downloaded from the official website of AIMA with the help of the your registration number and date of birth.
The results will be declared in the official website of MAT 2016. Students can check for the results after one month of the examination. MAT scores are valid for one year for the admission to the most of the management institutes. Students who score well in MAT examination have a good chance to get admission to the various courses like Post Graduate Diploma in Management courses in Insurance management, HR, Finance, Marketing, International Business and Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology and management in E- commerce, Informations systems management etc.,
Candidates who score high marks or who come in merit list are invited for counselling process. Thus, students as soon as results are announced, please check the official website of MAT.
- Check the official website for knowing your rank in MAT
- Students who have secured highest marks can apply for counselling through the official website.
- Candidates must choose the interested colleges and courses while applying for counselling.
- Students those who are in merit list are called for the counselling session by the selection authorities.
- Candidates must carry the following documents during the counselling session:
- Original copy of counselling letter with Xerox
- Medical certificates
- Admit card original along with a photocopy
- Original mark sheets of previous year qualification including 10th and 12th standard
- AIMA MAT prospectus for making bank draft.
- Community certificates (SC/ST/OBC if applicable)
- Minimum 6 passport size color photographs
- Seat allotment is made on the basis of merit list in the MAT
- Candidates should read the official website carefully before they could attend the counselling session.