This is the head institution or parental institution among all AIIMS institutions of India. Unlike other AIIMS, it has all latest facilities and tools in medical field.
Second centre for AIIMS New Delhi is planned to be developed soon especially to provide Super specialty services. Some of the current and important super specialty centres in AIIMS New Delhi are:
- Cardio Thoracic Centre
- Centre of Dental Education
- Dr.B.R.A Institute of Rotary Cancer Hospital
- National drug dependence treatment centre
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi is a top most medical college of India which runs under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
This is a group of autonomous medical colleges which was established in the year 1956.
Vision of AIIMS Delhi:
AIIMS has become one of the most renowned and reputed organization for affordable, unbiased treatment in India. All strata of society in India and Abroad have started looking AIIMS as an organization giving quality treatment in affordable cost. This trust has not come overnight but only after dedicated hard work for decades and years. AIIMS vision is to nurture its name as a global brand in upcoming years.
Courses offered in AIIMS Delhi:
AIIMS offers many courses in the field of Nursing, Medicine, clinical medical specialties which accept admission on the basis of entrance examination.
AIIMS Delhi UG Courses:
- B.Sc courses in Nursing, Ophthalmic techniques and Human Biology
- B.Sc (Hons) Human Biology
AIIMS Delhi PG Courses:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master in Surgery (MS)
- Master of Dental Surgery in four disciplines namely Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Endodontics, and Maxillo facial surgery.
- Masters in Sciences (M.Sc) in Urology Technology, Perfusion Technology, Nursing and Nuclear Medicine
- Masters degree in Biotechnology
- Doctorate of Medicine (DM) in 12 disciplines and Master of Chirurgical (Mch) in 5 disciplines
- Doctor of Philosophy in 47 disciplines
Hospital Services at AIIMS Delhi:
AIIMS works hard to provide world class clinical facilities to all types of people from India as well as from neighboring countries. Its main aim is to treat even too poor people with best treatment in affordable cost.
It has world class facilities with several special departments to treat with more care and concentration. These facilities has made AIIMS as a busiest Hospital with 1.5 million outpatients and 80, 000 inpatients every year.
The number of surgical operations performed in AIIMS Delhi last year is around 1, 00, 000.
Specialty centres in AIIMS Delhi:
AIIMS Delhi has many specialty centres to treat particular diseases with high care. Such specialty centres are:
- Cardiac-Thoracic Science Centre
- Dr. R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences
- Jai Prakash Narayan Apex Trauma Centre
- Centre of Dental Education and Research
- National Drug dependence Treatment Centre
- Neurosciences Centre
- Dr. B.R.A Institute-Rotary Cancer Hospital
Departments in AIIMS Delhi:
Here are the lists of few important departments in AIIMS Delhi. They are:
- Centre for community medicine
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Geriatric Medicine
- Finance Division
- College of Nursing
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatric surgery
Central Facilities in AIIMS Delhi:
There are lots of facilities available within the campus of AIIMS Delhi. They are:
- B.B.Dhikshit Library
- Patent cell
- Telemedicine facility
- Transport facilities
- Engineering services
- Stem cell facility
- Organ retrieval Banking Organization
- Central workshop
- Medical social and welfare services
Thus, AIIMS Delhi is an organization which has developed to provide standard medical education for the best talented students across the country. It also strives hard to provide world class Hospital facilities with 25 clinical departments and super specialty centres to treat all kinds of people with affordable cost.
During the year 2013, AIIMS New Delhi was ranked third place in Times Higher education India
Reputation rankings. Also, AIIMS Delhi has been consistently bagging top most college award every year in the survey conducted by India Today. Along with Delhi, AIIMS has its branches at
- AIIMS Bhopal
- AIIMS Raipur
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Patna
- AIIMS Jodhpur
- AIIMS Bhubaneshwar
Seven more AIIMS institutes have been announced to be released soon. They are
- AIIMS Jammu and Kashmir
- AIIMS Bathinda
- AIIMS Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- AIIMS Kalyani, West Bengal
- AIIMS Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh
- AIIMS Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh
- AIIMS Assam
But, however, AIIMS New Delhi is the Parent institution among all institutions.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: