AIIMS Entrance Test (MBBS/UG):
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical science), New Delhi conducts national level medical entrance examination for the admission to the MBBS course in the most prestigious AIIMS institutes of India.
Top most AIIMS institutes in India:
There are seven AIIMS institute in India. They are:
- AIIMS New Delhi
- AIIMS Bhopal
- AIIMS Jodhpur
- AIIMS Patna
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Raipur
How to apply?
Application forms are available online through the official website http://www.aiimsexams.org. Application forms for AIIMS 2016 is yet to be announced.
Try to fill all the details as careful as possible. This is because these details will be reflected in your admit card for AIIMS exam.
Steps for applying for AIIMS exam:
- Visit the official site of application form filling http://www.aiimsexams.org.
- Fill all your personal details, academic details in the application form correctly.
- Payment for AIIMS exam can be made online through debit card/ credit card or e-challan.
- Take print out of the filled in application form and keep it safe till your admission process gets over.
- You must have a scanned copy of your signature and recently taken photograph in JPEG format.
- Click on submit.
- If successfully submitted you will get My Page where you can find all the details with a Unique Application number.
- You will get a confirmation email if successfully registered. Please take a print out of that page.
- Do check your status and admit card in the website.
- Candidates must have cleared HSC board exam with a minimum of 60% (General candidates) and 50% (SC/ST candidates) in all major subjects such as Physics, English, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates who are going to appear for 12th exam currently can also apply for this exam.
- Candidate must have completed 17 years as on December 31st of the year of admission.
- Candidates have to produce the required degree certificates at the time of admission.
- Overseas candidates can also apply for this exam. They have to submit the proof of Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) under the Section 7A of Citizenship act of India.
Pattern and Syllabus:
Pattern for AIIMS MBBS exam:
Duration for the exam: 3 and Half hours
Total number of questions: 200 (Including all sections such as Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Knowledge)
Total number of questions subject wise:
Physics: 60 questions
Chemistry: 60 questions
Biology: 60 questions
General Knowledge: 20 question
Exam mode: Computer based online Test.
Language of the question booklet: English or Hindi
Each correct attempt carries: 1 mark
Each Incorrect attempt carries: -1/3 mark
Unanswered: 0 mark
Examination date: Mostly on First week of June of every year.
Syllabus for AIIMS MBBS exam:
You can check the detailed syllabus for AIIMS MBBS in below link:
Admit card for AIIMS exam:
- Admit card/ Hall ticket is a very important document for any student without he/she cannot enter the examination hall.
- Admit card will be available for download from the official website.
- Admit card contains all the important details such as name of the student, Father’s name, Application number, registration number, Date of Birth, etc.
- Take multiple print out of that admit card.
Results will be announced for AIIMS MBBS at the end of June every year. Results are announced both rank and roll number wise.
AIIMS MBBS results are announced to fill 672 seats in seven AIIMS institutes of India.
Students who are in meritorious ranks are called for AIIMS counselling. Thus, instructions for the students who are called for AIIMS counselling are:
- AIIMS admit card is a compulsory document for attending counselling.
- Call letter from AIIMS university, New Delhi is an another important document to carry.
- Date of Birth proving certificates
- Certificates of 12th board exam.
- Single set of self attested copies of all the certificates
- 6 passport size photos.
Students are requested to be in the counselling venue at the specified time. If candidate fails to be at the correct time, then he/she will be marked as absent and candidature will be cancelled. Currently, AIIMS MBBS 2015 third round of counselling is to be held on September 10, 2015. Open Counselling for AIIMS (if the seats are vacant) is to be held on September 23, 2015.
The venue for the counselling session is at J.L.Auditorium, AIIMS and New Delhi. Students who are willing to continue your education in medical field, have to take AIIMS as a serious exam. Scoring high in this exam will definitely make you feel unique and proud.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: