AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) Rishikesh was established on August 2012 under the Government scheme of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
This is one among the six AIIMS institutes which were established under the scheme of PMSSY.
AIIMS Rishikesh institution runs AIIMS Medical College, Hospital and Medical research center in the state of Uttarakhand.
Apart from the regular medical courses like MBBS, AIIMS Rishikesh also offers courses such as B.Sc(Hons) in Nursing which was started in the academic year 2013 with a batch of 60 students.
AIIMS Rishikesh Hospital consists of all latest medical facilities with a capacity of 200 beds for the inpatients. This was inaugurated by the Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Gulam Nabi Azad in February 2014.
The main reason for setting up the branded “AIIMS” at Rishikesh is to provide best hospital services for all categories of people at affordable costs. Also, to provide standard education to the students belonging to the less concentrated cities of India.
According to the Amendment bill which was passed through Lok Sabha on August 2012 and Rajya Sabha on September, 2012, AIIMS Rishikesh was declared as an Autonomous University just like other 5 new AIIMS institutions which are set up at Patna, Raipur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar and Jodhpur.
List of Social Activities performed by AIIMS Rishikesh:
- AIIMS Rishikesh published a booklet called “Head injury prevention and management” in Hindi for the public awareness.
- Examined the patients in health camp which was conducted by Education Foundation of Institute.
- Conducted Interviews on Neuro problems, brain hemorrhage, spinal card problems, head injury and many other topics.
- Successfully delivered a lecture on “Brain Death” at Lucknow.
- Delivered a lecture about back pains, spinal pains in Tata consultancy services.
- Conducted Health and fitness programs for the welfare of the public.
Medical education cell at AIIMS Rishikesh:
The vast advancement in the medical education and technology has made the medical teachers to update themselves regularly.
Any medical teacher must be a good learner and must update himself every regular intervals about the latest trends in the medical world.
Thus, a special medical cell is created at the AIIMS Rishikesh to train the teachers about the latest technologies and trends in the medical world.
Few of the important persons in the Medical cell are
Chairperson: Professor Dr.Latika Mohan is the Dean for the Medical cell at AIIMS Rishikesh
Member secretary: Professor Dr.Saurabh Varshney who is the professor and head of ENT is the member secretary for Medical cell.
Dr.Neha Singh who is the Assistant professor of Pathology is the member of Medical cell.
Dr.Puneet Dhamija who is the Assistant Professor of Pharmacology is also the member of Medical cell.
What does Medical cell wish to achieve?
- To provide current updates and knowledge in the latest trends of medical field.
- To establish a centre of excellence in the medical education and to encourage conducting activities for Continuing Medical Education (C.M.E).
- To help the faculties to improve their skills and knowledge in the latest technologies and current trends in medical fields.
Departments of Medical College in AIIMS Rishikesh:
Anatomy is the most important subject in the medical science. Any medical student must be clear with the basic knowledge of Human Anatomy which is a science of structure and forms of human body.
This department provides maximum of the facilities for the students and staffs for learning the Human anatomy thoroughly as much as possible.
Facilities such as
- Provides all facilities for the thorough understanding of Human anatomy.
- Embryology museum is present within the campus for the better understanding of Human anatomy.
- Best quality equipments in the laboratories and classrooms.
- Dissection hall
- Histology lab
- Osteology lab
- Cytogenetic lab
- Gross Anatomy museum
- Demonstration rooms
This is a branch of science which deals with the physio-chemical process and chemical processes and substance which occurs in living organisms.
This department provides all facilities right from the equipments, laboratory items and research oriented tools for the students and the staffs.
AIIMS Rishikesh is planning to launch chemical Biochemistry laboratories at AIIMS Trauma centre and Hospital very soon.
It also plans to establish Molecular biology, Tissue centre facilities and Immunology facilities in the development centres.
This is a very important part of medical science which deals with the interactive functions of body and its human organs.
Every MBBS and Nursing student must understand the functions of the physiological organs of the human body which is a basic quality to treat pathology, aetiology and to treat several types of other diseases.
Facilities offered in the department of Physiology are:
- Lecture theatre with great audio video facilities in which 250 people can occupy.
- Haematology lab
- Clinical Physiology lab
- Mammalian lab
- Departmental library
- Amphibian lab
- PG Research lab
Community and Family medicine in AIIMS Rishikesh:
The primary objective of this department is to turn the medical students into a qualified Primary health care physician.
They must be able to do the following things after the training offered by the department of Community and Family medicine:
- Provide health education in easy language to all the patients who visit them. They must make them aware of the disease and its causes so that the patients must change themselves to a healthy lifestyle.
- Students must be able to participate in the National health programs on a voluntary basis.
- Guide the people who are affected by infectious disease and prevent them by spreading to their family and neighbors.
- Make early diagnosis and proper treatment for any endemic health problems in the community.
Clinical Departments in AIIMS Rishikesh:
Few of the clinical departments which are available within the campus of AIIMS Rishikesh are:
- Anesthesiology and Critical care
- Trauma and Emergency
- Pulmonary medicine
- Transfusion medicine
- General surgery
Departments in AIIMS Rishikesh Hospital:
There are several facilities and services offered by AIIMS Rishikesh Hospital. They are:
- Outpatient card can be purchased from the counter for Rs10 and valid for next ten days. You can top up once in 10 days.
- Outpatient can consult any Doctor or physician on the basis of the appointment time.
- Patients are seen on FCFS (First come first served) basis. In case of any emergency, more preference is given for the emergency cases.
- For consulting in any specialties and super specialty clinics, the concerned person must be referred by the general OPD in AIIMS or from any Government institution.
Diagnostic and investigative services:
Every tools and equipments needed for the proper diagnosis of the disease are provided in the hospital AIIMS Rishikesh.
Patients who are admitted in the AIIMS Rishikesh hospital have following indoor services.
- All the wards consist of modern equipments, ventilators, monitors, nebulizers and provide quality medical treatment.
- Day care facilities are available for certain type of operations.
- AIIMS Rishikesh has 24 hours Blood bank facility to serve the emergency cases.
- 24 hours ambulance facility is available within the campus.
Thus, as a conclusion, AIIMS Rishikesh is a fastly developing medical institution which strives hard for the welfare of all categories of people without any partiality.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: