Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates:
Career choice with AIIMS Medical entrance exam:
AIIMS medical entrance exam is a national level medical test for admission to the under graduate programs such as MBBS, B.sc in Nursing, Radiography, audiometry, etc., in seven AIIMS institutes in India. Pursuing any kind of UG/PG course in AIIMS has high reputation from all over the world. Candidates who are willing to continue their education in medical field can take part in the AIIMS examination. But however, what kind of under graduate courses that AIIMS support?
Few of popular UG courses in AIIMS are:
- sc (Nursing)
- sc (Hons) Nursing
- sc (Hons) Ophthalmic techniques
- sc (Hons) Medical technology
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery):
The most prestigious thing for an Indian medical student is doing MBBS in AIIMS. This is because AIIMS is ranked as top most medical college in India. Also, MBBS is a one of the most popular degree in medical field. This degree can be divided into two parts as:
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Surgery
And can be said as a two degree course in one single domain. In countries like UK, this type of medical degree is followed as a tradition whereas in the countries like US this degree is awarded separately as M.D (Doctor of Medicine) and D.O (Osteopathic Medicine). But in India, this is the only mandatory bachelor degree with which a person can call him as “Doctor”.
More about MBBS:
Course duration: 4 years + 1 year internship
Hands-on training for the whole five years by interacting and learning directly from the patients.
Students who clear 12th board exam with a minimum of 60% are eligible to take up the AIIMS MBBS entrance test. Also the student must have taken the major subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology for taking part in the AIIMS medical entrance examination conducted for MBBS course. This course covers various subjects like microbiology, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, etc., AIIMS is the India’s top prestigious institute which offers MBBS course in all its 7 AIIMS institutes of India.
Advantages of MBBS from AIIMS:
This has special advantages and few of them are:
- AIIMS is the top most medical college in India. Thus, Pursuing MBBS from AIIMS is the most prestigious thing for a medical student.
- You can enjoy world class amenities while studying at AIIMS.
- Hands on training on what they learn and students get good exposure on even rare cases of diseases and how to treat them.
- MBBS is considered as one of the toughest degrees of the country. Thus, pursuing it from AIIMS will add more colors in your career and life.
- AIIMS medical students have high reputation in all over the world.
AIIMS offers Bachelor of Science in Nursing which is one the most important course in medical field. This is a three year professional degree in the field of nursing which mainly focuses on promotion of health by preventing the disease from the starting stage.
Advantages of B.sc (Nursing course):
- Nursing course has its own importance and has wide variety of opportunities all over the world.
- After completing Bachelor degree in Nursing, students are also eligible for continuing their education in the field of nursing and go for advanced courses like M.sc (Nursing).
- There are many specialized areas in the Nursing course such as:
- Medical and surgical courses
- Health of community
- Gynecology, pediatrics and obstetrics
Eligibility for B.sc (Nursing) to take part in AIIMS exam conducted for Nursing:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate must have cleared the board exam with a minimum of 45% in all major subjects such as English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Students should be medically fit.
B.sc (Hons) Nursing:
AIIMS institute also offers the students the opportunity to take up B.sc (Hons) Nursing which is an “Honours” degree that focuses on development of research and theoretical skills of a student who have completed bachelor degree in nursing field. In short, students who wish to continue their education or who wish to work in research field after regular B.sc (Nursing) course can pursue B.sc (Hons) Nursing course. B.sc (Hons) degree holders are given first and foremost preference than regular B.sc degree holders. Separate exam is conducted by AIIMS for B.sc (Hons) Nursing admission. The duration of this exam is 2 hours which covers questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
Eligibility for B.sc (Hons):
- Candidate must have cleared 12th board exam with a minimum of 55% in all the major subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology as mandatory subjects.
- He/she must have completed 17 years as on 31st December on the year of admission.
B.sc (Hons) Opthalmic techniques
Opthalmic Techniques deals with the disorders and treatment of eyes. The course duration is three academic years and also available as part-time course in some of the institutes. This course is high in demand and has wide opportunities after completing it.
Eligiblity for B.sc (Opthalmic techniques) to take part in AIIMS exam conducted for Opthalmetry:
- Candidates must have cleared 12th board exam with a minimum of 45% in all major subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English to take part in AIIMS
- Candidate must have completed 17 years on the year of admission.
Advantages of B.sc (Opthalmic):
- This degree ensures students to get into various ophthalmic jobs which allow you either practice under any hospital or practice on your own.
- This degree serves as a good foundation for pursuing higher Master degrees in the field of Opthalmology.
- They can possibly get jobs in the fields such as Eye hospitals, Contact lens showrooms, Lens manufacturing companies, etc.
B.sc (Hons) Medical technology:
Candidate must have cleared 12th board exam with a minimum of 50% to get admission in AIIMS B.sc (Hons) Medical Technology course. Generally, students prefer to do B.sc Medical technology in Radiography field. This is a course which mainly focuses on the benefits or effects of the X-rays and how to use them effectively. This course covers all the topics related to X-rays (Ultrasound, MRI scans, etc) and how to take protective measures to safeguard from the harmful radiation effects. In order to pursue this course, the student must take a separate entrance examination conducted by AIIMS for the paramedical courses.
The duration of this exam is 1 and half hours which covers questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The candidates can either attend Biology section or Mathematics section. Along with this there are many other important courses available in AIIMS. Please refer the official site for more information regarding that. On the whole, every course has its own importance when pursued in AIIMS. All the best for choosing your career with AIIMS.