LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.COM. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
SECOND SEMESTER – APRIL 2006
C 217 – INDIAN ECONOMY II
Date & Time : 29-04-2006/1.00-4.00 P.M. Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Answer ALL the questions (10 ´ 2 = 20 marks)
- Define a small-scale industry.
- What are the objectives of New Industrial Policy, 1991?
- State the prime objective of the Licensing System.
- What is Privatization?
- Enumerate the causes of Industrial sickness.
- How does trade liberalization benefit developing countries?
- Mention two factors responsible for rapid expansion in exports.
- What are development banks?
- Enumerate the institutions created in India for financing large-scale industries.
- Comment on the role of Capital markets as a source of finance.
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions (5 ´ 8 = 40 marks)
- Describe the various facilities available for the growth of SSI sector in India.
- Review the performance of public sector enterprises in India.
- Examine the measures taken by the government to remove regional disparities.
- ‘Industrial Licensing has helped the implementation of government’s economic policies’ – Elaborate.
- Explain the causes of slow growth of India’s exports.
- How far the long-term capital requirements of large-scale industries met in India?
- Examine the future prospects of Cotton textile industry in India.
- Why is it essential to check regional imbalances in industrial development in India?
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions (2 ´ 20 = 40 marks)
- Examine the shortcomings of the industrial development of the country. What suggestions would you make for achieving rapid industrial growth in India?
- Explain the growth and problems of iron and steel industry in India. Suggest measures for tackling these problems.
- Discuss the role of Commercial banks in providing industrial credits to Indian Industries.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: