LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
SECOND SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
CO 2500 – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Date & Time: 20/04/2007 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions (10×2=20 Marks)
- What are the different approaches to the study of management?
- What are the main findings of Hawthorne experiments?
- Mention the responsibilities of a Supervisor.
- Why are the managers reluctant to delegate authority?
- How does training help employee in development?
- Comment on “Maslow’s hierarchy of needs”.
- Why are control resented?
- Distinguish between centralization and decentralization.
- “Directing is a key element in the management process” – Comment.
- What is departmentalization? Give examples.
Answer any FIVE Questions (5×8=40 Marks)
- Write an explanatory note on Management by Objectives.
- Briefly explain the problems in delegation. What steps should be taken to make delegation more effective?
- What is span of management? Discuss the factors that determine the span of management.
- Outline the procedures for a recruitment and selection of
- Explain the need and importance of Co-ordination.
- State the basic characteristics of leadership. Outline the main functions of a leader.
- Account for Widespread use of Committees in management. What should be done to make committee form of organization more effective?
- Critically explain McGregor’s theory “X” and theory “Y”
Answer any TWO Questions (2×20=40 Marks)
- What are the basic skills do managers need and the different roles that a manager may assume in an organization? Discuss each of these skills and roles in terms of management levels.
- “Line –Staff conflict occurs for many reasons” – Comment. Explain the important sources of conflict between line and staff managers. How do you resolve the conflict?
- Discuss the meaning, significance and methods of departmentalization. Compare the various methods of departmentalization.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: