LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
DEGREE EXAMINATION –COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
CO 5502 – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Date & Time: 30/04/2007 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION – A
Explain the following concepts in FIVE lines each: ( 10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
- HR outcomes.
- Manpower Planning.
- Head hunters.
- Performance Appraisal.
- Job Analysis.
- Hot Stove Rule
- Stress Interview.
SECTION – B
Answer any FIVE questions: Answers should not exceed 2 pages each) ( 5 x 8 = 40 Marks)
- Explain the two factors Hygreni Motivation theory put forward by Federick Herzberg.
- Distinguish between Job Description and Job Specification.
- Prescribe a procedure for handling disciplinary problems in an organization.
- State the objectives of human resources management.
- Explain the different kinds of employment interviews popular with companies in Chennai.
- Explain the different kinds of external recruitment methods. Why are job fairs becoming a common method of recruitment in Madras?
- What are the problems and challenges facing a HR manager today?
- How would you asses training needs in an organization?
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO questions: Answers should not exceed 4 – 6 pages each: ( 2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Explain the steps involved in Manpower Planning. As an HR manager what retaining strategies would you contemplate to control high attrition rates in IT companies?
- Explain the various traditional and non traditional methods of performance appraisal. How would you conduct appraisal interviews?
- Explain the different kinds of training conducted in industry today. How would you assess the effectives of a training programme?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: