LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A., BBA & B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION
FOURTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
BC 4200 – LABOUR LAWS
Date & Time: 19/04/2007 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Section – A
- Answer all the questions: 10 x 2 = 20 Marks
- Who are certifying surgeons? What are their duties?
- State the provisions relating to working hours as per the Factories Act.
- Give the formulae for calculating the amount of compensation in case of death and permanent total disablement of a workman.
- Write short notes on Doctrine of Assumed risks.
- What do you mean by Benefit period under the ESI Act, 1948?
- Mention the organizations that are exempted from the purview of ESI Act.
- What are the objectives of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947?
- Briefly explain the concept of Lay-off.
- Highlight the powers of the Certifying officers.
- How are standing orders made known to the workmen employed in an industrial establishment?
Section – B
II. Answer any FIVE questions only: 5 x 8 = 40 Marks
- “Certified standing orders constitute statutory conditions of employment” – Comment.
- What is the procedure for modification of standing orders? State the provisions relating to Subsistence Allowance.
- Explain briefly the provisions relating to safety as per the Factories Act, 1948.
- Discuss the rules relating to employment of women and young persons as per the Factories Act, 1948.
- Describe the ad judicatory machinery for the settlement of industrial disputes.
- Briefly explain the various benefits under the ESI Act, 1948.
- Discuss the rules relating to compensation as per the Workman’s Compensation Act, 1923.
- Write short notes on the following:
- Strike B. Lock out C. retrenchment D. Closure.
Section – C
III. Answer any TWO questions only: 2 x 20 = 40 Marks
- What is meant by Standing orders? Explain the matters to be specified in the Standing orders of an industrial establishment.
- Define Wages. Explain the provisions relating to Annual leave with wages.
- Explain the provisions relating to Health and Welfare of the Workmen as per the Factories Act, 1948.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: