LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
DEGREE EXAMINATION –COMMERCE
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
CO 6603 – RETAIL MARKETING
Date & Time: 23/04/2007 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION-A (10 x 2=20 Marks)
Answer ALL of the following in this section:
- What is ‘Point-of-Purchase’?
- What is ‘Retail Promotion’?
- What is Odd Pricing?
- Describe the meaning of ‘Reverse Logistics’.
- What is ‘Assortment’?
- How would you explain ‘Outsourcing’ in the context of retailing?
- What is the important use of Electronic Data Interchange for both retailers and suppliers?
- Describe the meaning of ‘Impulse Purchases’.
- What is ‘Relationship Retailing’?
- Who is a ‘Destination Retailer’?
SECTION-B (5 x 8=40 Marks)
Answer any FIVE of the following in this section:
- What do you understand by the four different methods available for gathering primary data?
- Define “Isolated Store”. Enumerate the advantages and limitations of this retail location type.
- What is retailing? List out and explain its’ special characteristics also.
- Enumerate the recommendations should web retailers carefully consider?
- Explain the six-step approach that helps retailers to pay close attention to customer service.
- “A retail price strategy can be demand, cost and / or competitive in orientation”- comment.
- What is Direct Marketing? List out its strategic business advantages and also its limitations.
- Briefly explain any eight important factors that contribute to a retailer image.
SECTION-C (2 x 20=40 Marks)
Answer any TWO of the following in this section:
- Describe the meaning of different types of retail institutions characterized by ownership. Enumerate also the competitive advantages and limitations associated with Independent retailer and chain retailer.
- Explain in detail what is your understanding over the following elements of a retail strategy:- (a) Situation analysis (b) Objectives and (c) Identification of Customers
- Assume that you are a HR Manager working for an upcoming hypermarket in Chennai . What are the personnel activities, your department would carry out in the name of Human resource management process?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: