LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
SECOND SEMESTER – APRIL 2008
CO 2500 – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Date : 23/04/2008 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
- Answer ALL questions; (10×2=20 Marks)
- Define contingency approach to management.
- What does Fayol mean by these two principles: a) Order and b) Espirit de corps.
- Compare proactive plans and reactive plans.
- What is mission statement?
- What is decentralization?
- How is recruitment different from selection?
- Write briefly on vestibule training.
- How does Herzberg’s two factor approach explain motivation.
- Explain the managerial grid developed by Blake and Moulton.
- What is the importance of feedback in organizational communication?
SECTION – B
- Answer any FIVE Questions: (5×8=40 Marks)
- Describe how Budgets are not only forecasts but also control measures.
- Explain the steps in decision making process.
- What is span of management? Discuss the factors that determine the span of management.
- “Leaders are not born. They are made so by social situations”. Comment.
- Trace the causes for conflict between staff and the line in management.
- What is the essence of ‘scientific management’?
- Do you agree that listening is the beginning of communication for a manager? Give reasons.
- Explain the ways and means of assessing the training needs in an organization.
SECTION – C
III. Answer any TWO questions: (2×20=40 Marks)
- How important is delegation of authority? Why some people are reluctant to delegate while some others are reluctant to accept it?
- Discuss the various roles a manager has to play in an organization.
- “Management is all about getting work done through people by skillfully motivating them”. – Explain the relevance of theories of motivation in modern times.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: