LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SECRETARYSHIP
SECOND SEMESTER – April 2009
CO 2106 – BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE
Date & Time: 25/04/2009 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS (10 x 2 = 20)
- Write short note on communication by silence
- What do you understand by Grapevine?
- What do you meant by Mailing Notation?
- What is meant by a ‘Status Enquiry’
- Mention the various stages of a collection series.
- Mention any four advantages of writing circular letters.
- What is a memorandum?
- How do you define Minutes?
- Write a short note on Appraisal interview.
- Explain the term Bill of entry.
ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTIONS (5 x 8 = 40)
- What points should be kept in mind while writing the testimonials?
- Explain the significance of written communication .How can written communication be made more effective?
- Draft a suitable reply to a customer who has complained about the poor service of the A/c supplied by you.
- Draft an office order asking the employees not to use the canteen only during the fixed hours.
- Write a letter to an applicant for the post of sales manager to present himself for a personal interview
- What points should be kept in mind while writing the minutes of a meeting.
- What do you mean by classified advertisements? What are the characteristics of a good classified advertisement?
- What is an appraisal interview? What points should the manager keep in mind to make the appraisal interview a constructive exercise?
ANSWER ANY 2 QUESTIONS (2X20=40)
- A) Write a letter as addressed by Ms.Sharmila, of Kolkata wholesale dealer in tea,
enquiring of Messrs Pathli Bros.of Mumbai, about the financial standing of Messrs. of
Nanchi and co., Mumbai, who have ordered a consignment of tea from Ms. Sharmila
giving Messrs Pathli Bros.of Mumbai as reference.
- Draft an unfavorable reply to the previous letter.
- Draft a application letter along with your resume for the post of Production Manager to Arun & Co, Anna Nagar Chennai
- a) Messrs Waynee & Co purchased a electric wall clock from Wenish & co in damaged
condition. Write a complaint letter to the seller, asking for the replacement of the electric
- b) Write a reply for the above.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: