LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIRST SEMESTER – April 2009
CO 1501 – BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Date & Time: 22/04/2009 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION – A
Answer ALL questions (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- Define the term Business Environment.
- What is Environmental analysis?
- What are Political Systems?
- What re fundamental rights?
- What is culture?
- What are social institutions?
- Define Social Responsibilities of Business.
- Define Management by objectives.
- What is SWOT Analysis?
- What do you mean by deficit Financing.
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- Enumerate the nature of Business Environment and give the importance of the study of it.
- List out the reasons for government’s intervention in to business.
- Briefly describe the various economic systems.
- Define Economic plan. What are the features of five year plans in India.
- Discuss the nature and causes for globalizations of Industries.
- Explain the main features of Socialism. Why has it failed?
- Explain which of the fundamental rights that have economic significance.
- Explain the role of WTO in Indian Socio-Economic Development.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- What are the components of Constitutional Environment? Examine the relationship between business and Government.
- State the factors of Social Environment and explain the social responsibility of Business Concerns towards various groups.
- What are the rights of consumers? What are the forums available for redressal? What is the reason for the poor performance of consumer courts in India?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: