LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
THIRD SEMESTER – April 2009
CO 3500 – BUSINESS LAW – I
Date & Time: 05/05/2009 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION A (10 x 2 = 20Marks)
I Answer ALL questions.
- Define the term ‘Contract’ as given in (Sect 10) of the Indian Contract Act 1872.
- Define ‘Quasi-Contract.’
3 ..Define ‘General Offer’.
- Define ‘Cross Offers’ .Give an example..
- ‘Consideration may be Past ,Present or Future’ .Do you agree?
- Define ‘Privity of Contract’.
- Define ‘Guarantee’ Who are the parties involved in it?
- State the various classification of Bailment.
- Define ‘Agency by Estoppel’.
10.Define ‘Non-Mercantile Agent’. Give any two examples.
SECTION B (5 x 8 = 40marks)
II Answer any FIVE questions:
- Discuss Classification of Contracts.
- How does an offer lapse? Explain the provisions relating to lapse of an offer under
The Indian Contract Act.
- Discuss the circumstances under which a contract without consideration is not void.
- Explain the provisions relating to persons who are not competent to enter into a
- Bring out the important points of differences between Coercion and Undue influence.
- Define Wagering Agreements. Discuss the essentials of wagering agreements.
- Define ‘Particular Lien’ and ‘General Lien’ .Bring out the important differences
between the two.
- What are the modes by which an agency can be terminated?
SECTION C (2 x 20 = 40marks)
III.Answer any TWO questions;
- Explain in detail the essentials of valid contract.
- What do you mean by Discharge of Contract? Discuss the various modes by which a
Contract may be discharged.
- Discuss in detail the rights of an agent against his principal as provided in the Indian
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: