LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
CO 6600 – CREATIVE ADVERTISING
Date : 05-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
SECTION – A
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS. (10 x 2=20)
- What is advertising?
- Differentiate between advertisement and sales promotion.
- Who is a consumer?
- What is ‘appeal’ in advertising?
- Why is ‘headline’ important in an advertisement?
- What is visualization?
- Give the essentials of a good ad copy.
- Explain ‘perception’.
- Give any two slogans of popular consumer brands.
- What is a ‘type face’?
SECTION – B
ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTIONS. (5x 8=40)
- Distinguish between marketing and advertising.
- Analyse the effectiveness of exposure model in advertising.
- Why is consumer behavior significant in advertising?
- What is ad-design? Explain the principles.
- How is an ad – copy written?
- Describe the different forms of headlines.
- Discuss, with suitable examples, the importance of creative thinking in advertisements of competitive brands.
- What are the considerations in deciding the layout for advertisements?
SECTION – C
ANSWER ANY TWO QUESTIONS. (2x 20=40)
- How is communication different from persuasion? Explain the process of communication.
- Discuss the various steps involved in consumer decision making process
- Design an advertisement for shoes in a popular youth magazine.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: