LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.COM. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE & CORPOR. SEC.
THIRD SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
BU 3203 – BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
Date : 02-05-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer All Questions (10 X 2 =20)
- What are the various forms of written communication?
- Mention any three important points that should be included in a quotation.
- How do business organization benefits from issuing press release?
- Mention the stages of a collection series.
- What is meant by ‘Status Consciousness’?
- Why is it important to sign every pages of the Minutes book?
- What are the advantages of allowing credit in trading?
- In what way is a classified advertisement similar to a telegram?
- What is a performance report?
- Mention any three objectives of a sales letter.
Answer any Five Questions (5 X 8 =40)
- Describe with illustration the different parts of a Business letter.
- Discuss the important guidelines for drafting letter of Credit and status enquiry.
- Draft a report of a committee appointed to identify areas of diversification for a company engaged in producing home appliances.
- Draft a letter of appreciation to an employee who has achieved the sales target.
- What are the Characteristics of a good Classified Advertisement?
- Explain the various advantages of forming committees.
- How should a candidate behave during a selection interview?
- You have been asked to declare open “Commerce Form 2011” draft an appropriate speech for the occasion.
Answer any Two Questions (2 X 20 =40)
- Briefly discuss the changes brought in the field of Communication by the newly introduced electronic devices.
- Draft an Application to Reliance Company Ltd. Mumbai, for the post of Chartered Accountant specially emphasizing your good auditing skills, knowledge of State and Central taxes and your dignified personality.
- You have received a letter from Mr. Vasanth. Vasanth & Co, reminds you to settle a claim of Rs 5 lakhs immediately. Draft a suitable replay requesting for extending of the terms and suggesting payments in installments.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: