LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
CO 5503 – MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Date : 03-05-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer ALL Questions: (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
- Define Marketing.
- Explain production concept.
- What are rational and emotional motives?
- What is product positioning?
- Mention any two uses of packaging.
- What are industrial good?
- What is skimming pricing?
- What is optimum inventory in product distribution?
- Define advertisement.
- What is sales promotion?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE Questions: ( 5 x 8 = 40 Marks )
- Discuss the concept of Marketing Mix.
- Explain the characteristics of the stages in product life cycle.
- Discuss the factors that influence pricing.
- Explain the different methods of fixing an advertisement budget.
- Distinguish between advertisement and sales promotion
- What are the different methods of sales promotion?
- Comment on the evolution of the Marketing concept.
- Discuss some initiatives on Corporate Social Responsibility by Indian companies
PART – C
Answer any TWO Questions: (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- What are the various methods of market segmentation?
- Describe the methods of pricing.
- What are the pros and cons of various medias used in advertisements?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: