LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SECRETARYSHIP
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2008
BC 6601 – OFFICE MANAGEMENT
Date : 21/04/2008 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
SECTION- A 10 x 2 = 20
Answer all questions
- What is an Office
- Expand EDP
- What is an Organizational Chart?
- State the different types of office manual
- What is an office layout?
- Mention the two approaches to work measurement in an office
- What is word processing
- What is configuration
- State O&M approach
- What is a pincode?
SECTION- B 5 x 8 = 40
Answer any Five
- State the constituents of an office
- What are the contents of an organizational chart?
- Bring out the procedures involved in Motion Study?
- How reduction in cost is important for an office function?
- What are the factors to be considered before buying office equipment?
- What are the advantages of dictating machine?
- Write short notes on a) microfilming equipment, b) photocopier
- What are the essential features of a good filing system?
SECTION –C 2 x 20 = 40
Answer any two questions only
19) Discuss the practical steps/guidelines to be followed while setting up an office
20) Explain the salient features of popular office equipments used in India
21) Give a detailed account of preparation and use of an office manual as a tool for management
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: