LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SEC.
FIRST SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
BC 1500 – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Date : 19-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer ALL questions 10×2=20
- Define Management.
- What is planning?
- What are the steps in decision making process?
- What is an organization chart?
- What is a computerized information system?
- What is meant by decentralization?
- What is motivation?
- Mention any two barriers to effective communication.
- State the steps involved in the establishment of controls.
- What is meant by Co-ordination?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions. 5×8=40
- What are the contributions of F.W. Taylor to the management thought?
- Define delegation. What are the elements of delegation?
- Identify the causes of line and staff conflicts.
- What is directing? Mention the principles of direction.
- How should a manager choose his leadership style?
- How are managers trained?
- What are the requirements of a good control system?
- Write a short note on ‘Decision tree’.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions 2×20=40
- Discuss the nature and importance of management in modern business organizations.
- Planning is looking ahead, and control is looking back” – Discuss.
- What is staffing? Indicate its significance in an organization.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: