LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SEC.
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
BC 5503 – COMMERCIAL LAW
Date : 19-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS (10X2=20marks)
- What is particular lien?
- What are the objectives of Consumer Protection Act?
- What is VAT?
- What is ‘Contract of Guarantee’?
- Define Pledge.
- What is a Partnership firm?
- Who is a finder of goods?
- Define Bailment.
- Who is a minor partner?
- What is a contract of Indemnity?
PART – B
ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTIONS (5X8=40marks)
- Explain the different types of partners.
- When does a bailment come to an end?
- Give an account of Unfair trade practices as per the Consumer Protection Act.
- Distinguish between a contract of guarantee and a contract of indemnity.
- In what circumstances is a partnership dissolved compulsorily by the court?
- What are the objectives of VAT?
- What is a continuing guarantee? When and how is it revoked?
- What are the essential features of a contract of guarantee?
PART – C
ANSWER ANY TWO QUESTIONS (2X20=40marks)
- What are the rights of bailor and bailee?
- State the circumstances in which a surety is discharged from a liability?
- What are the arguments in favour of VAT, and difficulties in administering VAT in India?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: