LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SEC.
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
BC 5500 – INDIAN BANKING
Date : 11-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS ( 10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- Explain the term “Banking”.
- What is commercial bank?
- Who is customer?
- What is meant by cheque?
- How do u open an account in a bank?
- What are the objects of crossing?
- Explain the principles of sound lending.
- Explain the term “ Advances”.
- What is Merchant banking?
- Explain the term “underwriting”
PART – B
ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTIONS (5×8=40 marks)
- What are the functions of Commercial banks?
- Write a note on “priority sector financing”.
- Elaborately explain “investment banking”
- Explain the relationship between banker and customer.
- Explain the kinds of endorsement.
- Explain the different forms of loans granted by banks.
- What are the benefits of e-banking?
- Write a note on “project appraisal “ of a bank.
PART – C
ANSWER ANY TWO QUESTIONS (2×20=40 marks)
- Describe the objects, functions and working of Reserve Bank of India.
- What is meant by dishonor of cheque? What are the circumstances in which it is allowed?
- Describe the general precautions to be taken by a banker before granting loans and
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: