LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SEC.
THIRD SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
BC 3500 – MERCANTILE LAW
Date : 24-04-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer ALL questions: (10×2=20 marks)
- Define Voidable contract.
- What is ‘lawful consideration’?
- What is legality of object?
- What is undue influence?
- What is Life Insurance?
- Who is a common carrier?
- Define an agent.
- Who is an unpaid seller?
- What is meant by ‘sale within state’?
- What is a ‘condition’?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions only: (5×8=40 marks)
- What is the object and nature of Law of contract?
- State briefly the law relating to competence of parties to a contract.
- Discuss the law relating to the effect of mistake on contracts.
- Distinguish between a Wagering agreement and Contingent contract.
- Explain the elements of fire insurance contract.
- Discuss the principles of marine insurance contract.
- Explain the rights of an unpaid seller.
- Explain the provisions relating to ‘interstate sale’ and ‘sale within state’ under CST Act 1956.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions only: (2×20=40 marks)
- Discuss the provisions of law relating to contracts with minors.
- Explain the rights and duties of common carrier.
- Under what circumstances does an agent becomes personally liable?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: