LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SEC.
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
BC 6602 – PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Date : 18-04-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
Answer All the Questions: (10×2 =20 marks)
- Briefly explain the objectives of investment.
- List the different types of risk.
- What is Beta?
- Explain Constant ratio plan.
- What is meant by warrants?
- Why is industry analysis important?
- A bond of Rs.1000 face value, bearing a coupon rate of 12% will mature after 7 years. What is the value of the bond if the discount rate is 14 %?
- S Ltd would pay Rs.2.50 as dividend per share for the next year and expected to grow indefinitely at 12 % what would be the equity value if the investor requires 20 % return?
- The expected return of the market is 15% and equity’s beta is 1.4. The risk free rate of interest is 7 %. Estimate the stock return using CAPM.
- Net profit after tax Rs.Two lakhs, Equity share capital (Rs.10 each) Rs.One lakh. 10 % Preference shares (Rs. 10 each) Rs. Two lakhs. Calculate EPS.
PART – B
Answer any FIVE Questions: (5×8 =40 marks)
- Differentiate Investments and speculations.
- What are the statistical tools used to measure the risk of the securities return? Explain.
- Explain CAPM theory
- Write short note on a) sweat equity b) zero coupon bonds c) treasury bills
- Discuss any four factors considered to be most important in appraising companies in different industries.
- Given the data below on two companies A and B. Calculate the expected return from the two companies and standard deviation as a risk measure of companies. Which one is better for return and risk estimates.
|Outcome||Company A||Company B|
|Expected return||Probability||Expected return||Probability|
- Stocks of M and N have the following parameters
|Stock M||Stock N|
Is there any advantage of holding a combination of M and N?
- A Rs.100 par value bond bearing a coupon rate of 11 % matures after 5 years. The expected yield to maturity is 15 %. The present market price is Rs.72. Can the investor buy it ?
PART – C
Answer any TWO Questions: (2×20 =40 marks)
- Explain the steps involved in investment management process and the sources of investment information.
- What is fundamental analysis? Elaborate.
- The following three portfolios provide the particulars given below:
|Portfolio||Average annual return||Standard Deviation||Correlation Coefficient|
Risk free rate of interest is 9.
- Rank these portfolios using Sharpe’s and Treynor’s methods.
- Compare both the indices.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: