LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SEC.
FIRST SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2010
BC 1500 – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Date : 10-11-10 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
Answer ALL Questions (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- What is Management?
- What are the functions of Management?
- Enumerate the steps in the process of Planning.
- What are the various types of planning?
- What is span of Control?
- What are the bases of departmentation?
- What are the barriers to effective communication?
- What is Directing?
- Mention essentials of good co-ordination.
- What are the advantages of using computers in organization?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE Questions (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- Enumerate Fayol’s principles of management.
- What are the advantages and limitations of planning?
- Define delegation. What are the three elements of delegation?
- When and how can we introduce decentralization?
- What is Leadership? What are the theories of leadership?
- Explain Maslow’s theory of motivation.
- Define Co-ordination. Explain the techniques of Co-ordination.
- State the steps in the establishment of controls.
PART – C
Answer any TWO Questions (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Discuss the nature and importance of management in modern business organizations.
- Explain the process of decision-making. Point out the aids to decision-making.
- Discuss the various sources of manpower recruitment and Distinguish between recruitment and selection.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: