LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SEC.
THIRD SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
BC 3500 – MERCANTILE LAW
Date : 02/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer ALL the questions: (10x 2=20 marks)
- Define Contract.
- Who are the parties competent to enter into a contract?
- What is meant by free consent?
- Define contingent contract.
- What are the causes of fire?
- Define ‘common carrier’.
- What are the rules of agency?
- How is price fixed in a contract of sale?
- State the features of Central Sales tax.
- What are ‘Declared goods’ under CST act?
Answer any FIVE questions: (5x 8=40 marks)
- Discuss the essentials of a valid consideration.
- Explain the essentials and legal rules for a valid offer.
- What do you understand by legality of object? State the cases in which object is unlawful.
- State briefly the rights of an agent.
- Explain the fundamental principles of insurance.
- Explain the duties and liabilities of a common carrier.
- What are the provisions in the CST Act regarding cancellation of registration of dealers?
- Explain the implied conditions in a contract of sale as provided in the Sale of Goods Act.
Answer any TWO questions: (2x 20=40 marks)
- Explain the classification of contracts.
- Discuss the different modes of discharge of contract.
- Discuss the procedure for Registration of dealers under central sales tax act.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: