LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI –600 034
B.Com, DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2004
CO 5400/COM 400 – INSURANCE
17.04.2004 Max:100 marks
1.00 – 4.00
SECTION – A
Answer ALL questions (10 ´ 2 = 20 marks)
- Give the contractual definition of Insurance.
- What is meant by Liability Insurance?
- What is Lloyd’s Association?
- What is the role of Employees State Insurance Corporation?
- What is deposit Insurance Corporation?
- What is meant by insurable interest.
- Is insurance a gamble.
- Distinguish Assignment from Nomination.
- What is Hall insurance?
- What is LIVESTOCK insurance?
SECTION – B
Answer any FIVE questions (5 ´ 8 = 40 marks)
- Explain the various kinds of Motor Insurance policies.
- What are the uses of Fire Insurance?
- Discuss the various type of Marine perils.
- Explain the Principles of investments under Insurance.
- What are the differences between Fire Insurance and Marine Insurance.
- Discuss the uses of Insurance to an individual.
- Write a note on Types of Insurance organization in India.
- What are the differences between Anmity contracts and life Insurance polices.
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO questions (2 ´ 20 = 40 marks)
- Explain the essential features of Insurance contract.
- Describe the various clauses of marine policy.
- Write an essay on various kinds of Fire Insurance polices.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: