LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – November 2008
CO 5502 – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Date : 15-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer ALL of the following questions (10×2 = 20 Marks)
- State the objectives of HRM?
- What do you understand by induction of personnel?
- What is Job Analysis?
- Why training and development is important in any organization?
- Identify the barriers to effective appraisal?
- Write a short note on vestibule training.
- What is job Specification?
- Define motivation.
- What is known as the Hot Stove rule in discipline?
- What are grievances?
Answer any FIVE of the following questions: (5×8 = 40 Marks)
- What are the qualities required for HR manager?
- Briefly discuss the functions of HRM
- Explain any three off the job training methods.
- Discuss the two factor theory of motivation evolved by Herzberg.
- Discuss the criteria of evaluating training results.
- Write a brief note on Job analysis.
- Determine the causes for disputes and the ways of handling them.
- Determine the internal ways of recruiting employees.
Answer any TWO of the following questions: (2×20 = 40 Marks)
- Explain the process involved in man power planning.
- Explain the sequence involved in the selection of personnel in an organisation.
- Discuss the traditional methods of performance appraisal.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: