LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – November 2008
CO 5400 – INSURANCE
Date : 05-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer ALL the questions: (10×2=20 marks)
- What are currency policies?
- What is meant by blanket policies?
- Mention one difference between Actual Total Loss And Constructive Total Loss in a marine
- ”Insurance is not charity” – do you agree?
- What does the theory of probability propose?
- State any four marine insurance policies.
- What is burglary insurance?
- Note any two differences between Annuity Contracts and Life Insurance Policies.
- What do you know about Jeevan Suraksha.
- What is reinsurance?
Answer any FIVE questions: (5×8=40 marks)
- Explain the advantages of insurance to an individual.
- What are the functions of insurance?
- Write down the principles of investment.
- Write a note on personal accident insurance and bring out the features of the policy.
- Mention any five types of bonus options under life insurance
- Specify and explain the marine perils which result in marine losses.
- Differentiate between life insurance and fire insurance.
- What are the methods of reinsurance?
Answer any TWO of the following questions: (2×20=40 marks)
- What are the important clauses incorporated in a marine policy?
- Describe the different kinds of fire insurance policies.
- Explain the nature of life insurance contract.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: