LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIRST SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
CO 1503 – BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND ETHICS
Date : 10/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
Answer ALL Questions: (10 x 2 = 20 )
- Fill in the Blanks: (4 x ½ = 2)
- The _______ Business Environment consists of a micro and macro environment.
- The characteristics of _______ like skill, quality, morale commitment and attitude can
contribute to the strength and weakness of the organization.
- The business environment in many countries has been significantly influenced by the
invasion of _______ culture.
- Cultural transmission takes place by means of _______ commission.
- True or False: (4 x ½ = 2)
- The Indian Constitution guarantees the citizens the fundamental right to freedom to practice
any profession, trade or business.
- Social Responsibility of business refers to what the business does for the benefit of society.
- In the mixed economy only features of private capitalism are evident.
- The macro environment is also known as task and operating environment.
- Choose the best alternative: ( 4 x ½ = 2)
- The division of powers between the Central and State Government has been defined
through the ____ lists given in our Indian Constitution.
- a) Union List b) State List c) Concurrent list d) All the 3
- The entrepreneurial role consists of governmental participation in business through ______
ownership and management of industrial and commercial undertakings.
- a) Public b) Private c) Free enterprise d) Government Enterprise
- Urbanisation means the ________ of nation’s population living in urban areas.
- a) proportion b) nature c) rate d) structure
- ______ is that branch of Commerce which is concerned with the sale transfer or exchange of
goods and services.
- a) Marketing b) Trade c) Economics d) Industry
- Match the following: (4 x ½ = 2)
- Entre-pot trade – Automobiles
- Primary industry – Welfare of people
- State Policy – extractive and genetic
- Assembling – re-export trade
- Explain the term Macro Environment.
- What is a Technology Index?
- Name two fundamental rights.
- Define Business Ethics.
- What is GATT?
- Identify two limitations of Environmental Analysis.
PART – B
Answer any FIVE Questions: ( 5 x 8 = 40 )
- Explain the types of Business Environment and list out the importance and limitations.
- What are the approaches of Environmental Analysis?
- List out the merits and demerits of the different Economic Systems.
- What are the functions and economic roles of the State?
- Explain the relevance of the Competition Act.
- What is the impact of foreign cultures on Indian Businesses? Illustrate with examples.
- What are the demographic factors that affect Business Environment?
- Explain the role and functions of the World Trade Organisation.
PART – C
Answer any TWO Questions: ( 2 x 20 = 40 )
- Explain the role of Economic Parameters. Bring out a detailed description of the various
indices that help study the effect of Economic factors that affect the Environment.
- What is the COPRA? Bring out the significant provisions and role of the CPA – 1986 in
protecting the interest of consumers.
- Explain the factors related to Corporate Social Responsibility. Illustrate the strategies
used in implementing a CSR initiative for different business groups with suitable examples.
- Outline the Trading Blocks that affect Globalisation across the world. Also explain the
impact of Globalisation in India with relevance to the IT Industry.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: