LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
THIRD SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
CO 3500 – BUSINESS LAW – I
Date : 02/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer ALL questions: (10×2=20 marks)
- What is ‘quid –pro-quo’?
- Define contract as per Indian Contract Act
- What is a ‘void agreement’?
- Explain a “contingent contract”
- What do you mean by the term ‘tender of performance’?
- Define a ‘Quasi contract’?
- What is mitigation of loss?
- Who is an agent?
- What is a contract of indemnity?
10.What is general lien?
Answer any FIVE questions only: (5×8=40 marks)
- “ No consideration No contract” state the exceptions to this general rule.
- Distinguish between coercion and undue influence.
- List out any eight agreements declared void.
- Explain the circumstances under which claim for ‘quantum merit” arises.
- What are the essentials of a valid tender?
- State the circumstances in which quasi contractual obligation arise.
- Distinguish between contract of indemnity and guarantee.
- What are the essentials of Bailment?
Answer any TWO questions only: (2×20=40 marks)
- What are the essentials of a valid contract?
- What do you mean by discharge of contract? Discuss the various modes by which it may be
- What are the rights and duties of an agent towards his principal?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: