LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SEC.
FIRST SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
CO 1100 – CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
Date : 03/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
Answer all questions: (10 x 2 = 20)
- What is the process of communication?
- What is evaluative listening?
- What are the advantages of telephone?
- State any three limitations of oral communication.
- What are the objectives of communication?
- List any three modern means of communication.
- What is meant by public space language?
- What are the three P’s of sales correspondence?
- What is a minute?
- How is a reference different from testimonials?
Answer any five Questions: (5 x 8 = 40)
- Write a note on a) semantic barriers b) closed mind.
- “Writing an e-mail is no different from writing a business letter”- Discuss.
- Explain the steps and principals of preparing reports.
- Explain the five star strategy of planning presentation.
- Draft a suitable reply of poor performance of music system supplied by you.
- “The future of a collection letters is not merely to collect dues, but to collect them painlessly”- discuss
- Mention the objectives of sales letters.
- Draft a sales letter to promote the sales of earth quack insurance policy.
Answer any two Questions: (2 x 20 =40)
- Make an unsolicited offer to Big Bazaar undertaking to offer a regular supply of a variety of women Cosmetics.
- Draft an application letter for the post of Chief Executive officer to Reliance ltd, Chennai.
- Draft the minutes of a meeting of Ford Company, Chennai, at which the following were taken: a) purchase of new land b) Appointment of directors c) workers day celebration d) any other business matters.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: