LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
CO 5502 – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Date : 06/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS: (10 X 2 = 20 MARKS)
- Define personnel management.
- Why is e- recruitment gaining importance now a days?
- What is ‘transfer’?
- What is dry promotion?
- Define motivation.
- What are the limitations of ‘autocratic leadership style’?
- What are the components of man power planning?
- Why should a job be evaluated?
- List some non-financial motivators in the work place.
- What is ‘induction’?
ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTIONS: (5 X8 = 40 MARKS)
- Discuss the nature of Human Resource Management.
- Distinguish ‘Job enlargement’ from ‘Job enrichment’.
- Explain the problems in Human Resources Planning.
- What is the need for training employees at work?
- How can the morale of people at work be improved?
- Distinguish training from ‘development’.
- How would you improve the productivity of labour?
- Discuss the advantages and limitations of democratic leadership.
ANSWER ANY TWO QUESTIONS: (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Describe the functions of a Personnel Manager. Use relevant Illustrations.
- What are the steps employed in selecting a right man for the right job, in an organisation?
- Leaders are born – do you agree? – Enumerate the qualities of a leader.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: