LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
CO 5500 – INDIAN BANKING
Date : 01/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer ALL questions: (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- What is venture capital?
- Who is an underwriter?
- Define Cheque.
- What is ‘ATM’?
- What is a ‘stale’ cheque?
- What is hypothecation?
- What is moral suasion?
- What is cash credit?
- What is a debit card?
- What is bank rate?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions: (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- What are the functions of commercial banks?
- Explain the limitations of credit creation.
- Explain the relationship between the banker and customer.
- What are the points to be considered by the banker before honouring a cheque?
- Explain the different kinds of endorsements.
- Discuss the functions of merchant banking.
- Explain the duties of a collecting banker.
- Examine briefly the monetary policies of RBI.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions: (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- What are the major criteria that the banker has to take into account while granting a loan for a project?
- Describe and evaluate the various activities under E-banking.
- What are the key function of the Reserve bank of India? Comment on the Importance of SEBI guildlines.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: