LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMPUTER SCIENCE
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
CS 6609/CA 6609 – WEB PROGRAMMING WITH PHP AND MYSQL
Date : 05-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
SECTION – A
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS (10 x 2 = 20)
- What is Open Source?
- Give any two features of PHP.
- Write the usage of Associative array.
- How do you create a cookie in PHP?
- Define Database.
- What do you mean by controlled redundancy?
- What are the prerequisites for MySQL connection?
- What is the use DESCRIBE statement in MySQL?
- Write down the syntax for throwing error message in PHP.
- Give the syntax for grouping data in MySQl.
SECTION – B
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS (5 x 8 = 40)
- A) Explain the usage of switch case statement in PHP with example.
- b) Differentiate FOR and FOR EACH statement.
- a) Write about Multidimensional array in PHP.
- b) How do you create a user defined function in PHP?
- a) What are the features of Database management system.
- b) Write short notes on Functional Dependency.
- a) Explain any two MySQL tools.
- b) Explain any five data manipulation functions in MySQL.
- a) Write about Error handling in PHP.
- b) Explain the usage of MYSQL commands in PHP.
SECTION – C
ANSWER ANY TWO QUESTIONS (2 x 20 = 40)
- i) Write in detail about PHP sessions.
- ii) What are the various conditional statements available in PHP? Explain with examples.
- i) Explain in detail about various components of Database System
- ii) Explain in detail about various integrity constraints.
- i) Explain about the connectivity of PHP & MySQL using an example and retrieve the records
from the table student stored in MySQL.
- ii) Explain aggregate functions in MySQL with example.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: