LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMPUTER SCIENCE
THIRD SEMESTER – NOV 2006
CS 3101 – APPLIED ELECTRONICS
(Also equivalent to CSC 101)
Date & Time : 28-10-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Answer all Questions. 10 x 2 = 20
- What is a Semiconductor ?
- What do you mean by barrier voltage ?
- Write any four important characteristics of an ideal operational amplifier.
- Define CMRR.
- State DeMorgan’s Theorem.
- Expand A + BC as minterms.
- What do you mean by race around condition.
- What are the four different modes of operation of shift register.
- Define main memory and auxillary memory.
- Define Hit Ratio.
Answer all Questions. 5 x 8 = 40
11.a. Explain the different modes of operation of a Transistor.
- Explain the operation of NPN transistor with a neat sketch.
12.a. Explain the Summing amplifier with an example.
- Explain the Flash Analog to Digital Convertor.
13.a. Reduce the following using K map:
- ∑ (0,2,5,7,8,10,13,15) .
- ABC + ABC + ABC + ABC .
- What is Multiplexer ? Explain any one Multiplexer with neat diagram.
14.a. Explain the RS flip flop and give the table.
- Explain the Shift Left Shift Register using D flip flop.
15.a. Explain the various registers used in basic computer.
- Explain any two mapping procedure of Cache memory.
Answer any TWO Questions. 2 x 20 = 40
16.a.With necessary diagram explain the reverse characteristics of a PN junction diode.
b.Explain the Weighted resistor Digital to Analog Convertor.
17.a.Explain the Half Subtractor and Full Subtractor.
b.Describe the working of Johnson Counter with neat diagram.
18.a.Explain the Paging technique in the Virtual memory.
b.Explain 3 x 8 Decoder with necessary diagram.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: