LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – PLANT BIOLOGY & BIOTECH.
THIRD SEMESTER – APRIL 2008
AZ 3200 / ZO 3200 – AGRICULTURAL ENTOMOLOGY
Date : 05/05/2008 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A Answer ALL the questions 10 x 2 = 20 Marks
- What is stomach poison?
- Explain a light trap.
- What is royal jelly?
- Write a note on fumigants.
- What is an earthen cocoon?
- Give the scientific names of any two paddy pests
- What is IPM?
- What is a biomagnification?
- Comment on camera lucida.
- Draw labeled diagram of mouthparts of butterfly.
PART – B Answer any FOUR of the following 4 x 10 = 40 Marks
- Explain the life cycle of locusts and their control measures.
- Describe any three pests of cotton and their prophylaxis.
- Write notes on Heliothus armigera
- What are the different types of sterile termites?
- Write account on any three pest of groundnut and their control.
- Classify insecticides based on mode of action.
PART – C Answer any TWO of the following 2 x 20 = 40 Marks
- Discuss IPM.
- Write an essay on biological control.
- Give the classification of insects.
- Explain the different types of mouthparts in insects.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: