LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – PLANT BIOLOGY & PLANT BIO-TECH.
FIRST SEMESTER – November 2008
PB 1504/PB 5402 – PRINCIPLES OF HORTICULTURE
Date : 12-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
Answer all the questions, each answer within 50 words only. (10×2=20 Marks)
- What is topiary?
- Mention any two famous gardens in India.
- What is a stake?
- Define compost.
- What type of plants will you choose for rockery?
- Write notes on terrarium and statuettes.
- What is the purpose of debudding?
- Draw any two hair decorations.
- What is mulching?
- Mention any two gardens that has floral clock.
Answer the following questions, each within 300 words.
Draw diagrams wherever necessary. (5X7=35 marks)
- (a) Give a labeled sketch of a kitchen garden.
(b) Explain Hydroponics.
- (a) Describe the steps involved in grafting.
(b) Differentiate a green house and a glass house.
- (a) How will you decorate your garden with herbaceous edge and carpet beds?
(b) Write a short note on roof gardening
- (a) Give brief account of shade loving plants.
(b) How will you prepare a garden and other floral ornaments?
- (a) What precautions will you take in transplantation?
(b) What is vermicomposting?
PART – C
Answer any THREE of following questions, each not exceeding 1500 words.
Draw diagrams wherever necessary. (3×15=45 Marks)
- Write an essay on the structure and management of a nursery.
- How will you design a Botanical garden?
- What is Bonsai? Explain the methods involved.
- Give an account of classification, selection, planning and maintenance of
fruit farm and add a note on fruit picking.
- Discus the cultural practices of Rose.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: