LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – STATISTICS
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
ST 6605/ST 6602 – STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL
Date : 20-04-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
Answer All the questions: (10×2=20marks)
- What is quality?
- Write the need of Total Quality Management.
- Write the purpose of Histogram.
- Explain Q-Q Plot.
- What is statistical process control?
- Define ‘C’ chart.
- Explain process capability analysis.
- Explain the concept of subgroups.
- What is Acceptance Sampling?
- Explain consumer’s risk and producer’s risk.
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions: (5×8=40marks)
- Describe Quality improvement in the modern business environment.
- Explain the concept of 3-sigma limits. When do you say the process is out of control?
- Describe the Box plot technique.
- Describe process-capability analysis using a Histogram.
- Explain the construction ofand R charts.
- Write the advantages of acceptance sampling.
- What are the basic principles of CUSUM control chart?
- Explain the technique of single sampling plan for attributes.
Answer any TWO questions: (2X20=40marks)
- (a) State the requirements for successful implementation of TQM.
(b) Discuss the relation between quality improvement and productivity.
- (a) Draw the stem and leaf plot for the following data:
(b) Explain Frequency distributions and its applications.
- (a)Explain the construction of any two control charts for attributes.
(b) Write the applications of u chart and np chart.
- (a) Explain the construction of CUSUM control chart.
(b) Explain double sampling plan in detail.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: