LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
DEGREE EXAMINATION –CORPORATE
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
CR 6601 – OFFICE MANAGEMENT
Date & Time: 18/04/2007 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
(Answer all Questions) 10 X 2 = 20
- What do you understand from Centralisation of office services?
- Define Office Stationery and list out the various stationeries available in an office.
- What do you mean by Cost Reduction?
- List out the various appliances available in an office.
- What is a Diazo?
- What are the various types of Office Reports?
- Define Indexing.
- What are the various types of Business Mails?
- Define Office Procedure.
- What do you mean Office Layout?
PART – B
(Answer any 5 Questions) 5 X 8 = 40
- Discuss the various factors which influence the physical environment in an office.
- What are Office Equipments? Explain the salient features of Office Equipments.
- What are the various functions an office supervisor should perform for efficient functioning of an office?
- Define filing and what are the requirements of a good filing system?
- Explain the various functions carried out in an office.
- Why Departmentation of office work is necessary? Also discuss the importance of departments in an office.
- Write a note on principal methods of data collection.
- What is Work Simplification? What are the fundamental principles of work simplification?
PART – C
(Answer any 2 Questions) 2 X 20 = 40
- What do you mean by Office System? What is its significance and explain the advantages of having an office system?
- Discuss about the important methods of classification of filing. State the advantages of each method in detail.
- Explain the importance of Office Cost Reduction and Cost Saving. What are the main methods of cost reduction and cost saving?
- Give a detailed note on the organizational structure in an office and give its importance.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: