LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE & SECRETARYSHIP
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOV 2006
CR 5400 – PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
(Also equivalent to COS 400)
Date & Time : 03-11-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Explain the following concepts in FIVE lines each (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- Scaling method
- Trade Union
- Job description
- Job specification
- Extrinsic motivation
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- Explain the principles of Training
- What is job analysis? What is the scope of job analysis?
- Explain the different kinds of selection tests.
- How would you mange grievances in an organization
- Explain the steps involved in disciplinary procedures.
- Explain the evolution and growth of personal management in India.
- Explain the expectancy theory of motivation.
- Explain any two methods of performance appraisal.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Explain the steps involved in Human Resource Planning.
- What are the various internal and external sources of recruitment available to you for selecting staff?
- Explain the problems and challenges faced by personnel mangers in India.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: