LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034.
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS AND SOCIOLOGY
FourTH & third SEMESTER – APRIL 2003
ht 4200 / his 200
HT 3101 / HIS 101
9.00 – 12.00 Max : 100 Marks
PART – A
Answer any TEN of the following in FIVE lines each. (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
- Foreign sources of the Constitution
- Constituent Assembly
- 42nd amendment relating to the Preamble
- Welfare State
- Article 51-A
- Inter-State water Disputes Act 1956
- Legislative Assembly
- Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- Election Commission
- Attorney General
- Failure of Constitutional Machinery
PART – B
Answer any FOUR of the following in a PAGE each (4 x 10 = 40 Marks)
- Give reasons for the lengthiness of the constitution.
- Explain the ‘preamble’ of the Constitution.
- Highlight ‘Right to Equality’ under the Fundamental Rights.
- Examine the composition, powers and functions of the Rajya Sabha
- How far we have implemented the Directives in India.
- Analyze the powers of the Governor under the constitution.
PART – C
Answer any TWO of the following in FOUR page (2 x 20 =40 Marks)
- Describe the outstanding features of the Constitution.
- Critically examine the powers of the President of India.
- Elaborate the Union-State relations under the Constitution.
Write the composition, powers and functions of the Supreme Court of India.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: