LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
SECOND SEMESTER – APRIL 2006
HT 2100 – SELECT CONSTITUTION OF THE WORLD
(Also equivalent to HT 3100/HIS 100)
Date & Time : 29-04-2006/AFTERNOON Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A (10 ´ 2 = 20 marks)
Answer any TEN of the following in ten lines each.
- RULE OF LAW
- PRIVY COUNCIL
- PHILDELPHIA CONVENTION
- DOUBLE CITIZENSHIP
- WHITE HOUSE
- FEDERAL STATE
- SECULAR STATE
- SECRET BALLOT SYSTEM
- MULTI-PARTY SYSTEM
- JUDICIAL REVIEW
PART – B ( 4 ´ 10 = 40 marks)
Answer any FOUR of the following questions in about one page each.
- Briefly explain the qualifications and election of the President of USA
- Explain the legislative procedure in USA
- Write a short note on the powers and function of the Prime Minister of UK
- Give a brief account of the salient features of French constitution.
- Point-out the main functions of the plural executive
- Discuss the merits and demerits of Federal states.
PART – C (2 ´ 20 = marks)
Answer any Two of the following questions in Four pages each.
- Discuss the powers and functions of the president of USA
- Describe the composition and powers of the House of Lords.
- Evaluate the main features of French judiciary
Assess the working of Direct Democratic devices in Switzerland.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: