LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS,SOCIOLOGY&ENG.LIT.
FOURTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2006
HT 4201 – WORLD HISTORY
Date & Time : 22-04-2006/FORENOON Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART A (10 ´ 2 = 20)
Answer any TEN of the following in not more than TEN lines each.
- ‘Divine Comedy’
- Fall of Constantinople
- Settler Rule
- Slave Trade
- Pearl Harbour
- ‘New World’
- Industrial Revolution
PART B (4 ´ 10 = 40)
Answer any FOUR of the following in not more than ONE page.
- What was Gutenberg’s contribution to mankind’s progress?
- Justify Communism as a response to Industrial Capitalism.
- Why was increased taxation proposed by the British government and opposed by the colonists in America.
- What was reborn in ‘Renaissance’?
- Briefly narrate the causes for the First World War.
- Was Germany responsible for the Second World War? State the different theories put forth by historians.
PART C (2 ´ 20 = 40)
Answer any TWO of the following in not more than FOUR pages each.
- Discuss ‘Reformation’ of the 16th century.
- ‘The birth of communist Russia was not an overnight wonder.’ Elaborate
- Narrate the causes of the French Revolution and critically analyse its results.
- Justify the term ‘Scramble for Africa’ and was the colonial impact shallow or deep? Evaluate.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: