LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FOURTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
EC 4501 – INDIAN ECONOMY – I (AGRI. & DEVELOP.)
Date & Time: 24/04/2007 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Part – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each. (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
- Mention the important causes for low productivity in agriculture.
- Define “Disguised unemployment”
- What is ceiling on land holdings?
- Distinguish between IAAP, IADP and Package Programmes.
- State the importance of “Farm size and Productivity’
- Mention the reasons for the failure of cooperative societies.
- Give an account of Regulated Market and Market intelligence
Part – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 250 words each. (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- What are the sources of irrigation in Indian agriculture? Mention the importance of multipurpose river valley project.
- Bring out the role of agriculture in economic development.
- Mention the success and failures of agricultural development during the “First Five Year Plan”.
- Define the concept “Food Security” What are the causes and remedies of food problems in India?
- Discuss the development of agriculture during Ninth and Tenth five-year plans.
- How does sub-division and fragmentation affect productivity in agriculture?
- Define crop and cropping pattern. What are the factors determining cropping pattern?
Part – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Evaluate the performance of land reforms in India.
- Critically examine the working of Green revolution in India.
- List out the success and failures of agriculture development in India during the plan period.
- Examine the working of cooperative sectors in India for the development of agricultural sector.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: