LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION –ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
EC 5403 – LABOUR ECO. & LABOUR WELFARE
Date & Time: 03/05/2007 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Part – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each. (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
- Define the term labour.
- List out the theories of Wages.
- Distinguish between Strike and Lockout.
- What do you mean by Bonus?
- Write about the “Code of Discipline”.
- Define Collective Bargaining.
- Write a short note on ‘real wage’ and ‘money wage’.
Part – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 300 words each. (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- What are the main features of Labour Market?
- Explain the Employees State Insurance Act 1948.
- What are the objectives of Trade Union?
- Explain the demand and supply theory of wages with diagrams.
- What are the reasons for Wage Differentials?
- Explain the Payment of Bonus Act 1965.
- What are the objectives of workers participation in management?
Part – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Describe the Labour Policy of India.
- Give detailed suggestions to make Trade Union Movement strong.
- Elaborate the causes and remedial measures for Industrial Disputes.
Explain the Employees Provident Fund Act 1952.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: