LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION –ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
EC 5402 – MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
Date & Time: 04/05/2007 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Part – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each. (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
- Define managerial Economics.
- What is price Discrimination?
- Differentiate between Prediction and Forecasting?
- What does dual pricing refer to?
- State the meaning of opportunity cost?
- Who is a Monopolist?
- State the different types of models in economics.
Part – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 300 words each. (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- Explain the Law of Demand and its exceptions.
- What are the steps involved in Decision Process?
- Bring out the features of Perfect Competition.
- Explain Break Even Analysis.
- Describe the Product Life Cycle Pricing?
- Justify Cross Elasticity for the following pairs of goods and determine their algebraic sign.
- Electricity and Electrical Equipments
- Footwear and T-Shirt
- Tea and Coffee
- What are the determinants of investments?
Part – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Explain the Role of a Managerial Economist in the decision-making Process?
- Elaborate the various methods of Pricing with suitable examples?
- Price is the weapon to withstand Competition – Justify
- Explain the various types of elasticity of demand.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: