LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
(ECONOMICS, SOCIOLOGY, ENG. LITT. & TAMIL LITT.)
THIRD SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
HT 2103 / 3103 / 3201 / 4203 – PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Date & Time: 23/04/2007 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Answer any TEN of the following not exceeding TEN line each. (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- The Council of States
- The Constituent Assembly
- ‘Sail or sink together’
- Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- Parliamentary System of Government
- Fiscal Policy
- ‘Opened the Budget’
- Civil Service
- Delegated Legislation
- Administrative Staff College
- Rule of Law
PART – B
Answer any FOUR of the following not exceeding ONE page each. (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- Define ‘Public Administrations’ and point out the relevance of the study.
- Examine the basic principles of the Indian Constitution.
- What is a ‘Federation’? Explain it with reference to India.
- Evaluate the functioning of the ‘Panchayatiraj’ in our country.
- Explain Financial Administration and highlight its objectives in India?
- Describe some of the social welfare measures of the Government of India.
PART – C
Answer any TWO of the following questions, not exceeding FOUR pages each.
(2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Critically examine the powers and functions of the Lok Sabha in India.
- What is Public Enterprise and explain its importance and organization in the Indian context.
- Critically evaluate Public Service Commissions, Recruitment, Promotion and Training in India.
- Describe how the Prime Minister is elected in the Indian political system and how does he/she will exercise his/her powers and functions.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: