LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FOURTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2008
EC 4504 – FISCAL ECONOMICS
Date : 29/04/2008 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
- Define Public Finance.
- Write short note on Revenue Expenditure.
- Differentiate between a ‘tax’ and a ‘fine’?
- What is Non-tax Revenue.
- Define the term ‘Incidence of a Tax’.
- What is Taxable Capacity.
- Define Fiscal Policy.
PART – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 250 words each. (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- Compare and Contrast the Public and Private Finance.
- Briefly explain the various canons of Public expenditure
- Explain the causes for the growth of public expenditure in India.
- State the effects of taxation on production.
- Analyze the merits and defects of Direct and Indirect taxes.
- What is meant by ‘shifting the tax burden’? Analyze the concept behind Diffusion theory.
- Bring out the objectives of Fiscal policy.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Explain and illustrate the principle of maximum social advantage.
- What are the characteristics of a good Revenue System? Do you consider that these are found in Indian Revenue system?
- Critically evaluate the ability to pay theory of taxation.
Discuss about the various sources of non-tax revenue of Government of India.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: